Workshop & Garage Project

rockits

I got them to deliver and install it for me as it was so cheap for two guys to deliver and install it wasn't worth me wasting hours of my time. I run a new ring for both the scissor lift and 4 post lifts so both on their own dedicated circuit. Just had it presented as a 32a commando socket so I can unplug and move easy enough if I wanted to.

Scaf

I need to remember that you are close by and have lifts !!

Have to say the garages look tremendous value.

rockits

LOL.....maybe after lockdown we should do a local meet up and Saturday morning surgery. The wife would love that ;)

We shall see how the metal garages work out. I reckon I have another circa £500 of materials and a load of labour time but less than that £2k I reckon it will be a decent solution for what I need. Should be able to seal enough from the outside to control the temps/humidity. Will run power in so I can have a trickle charge and dehumidifier for each.

I will update over the next few months as I start and progress with it all. Plan is to get these two done, the stable finished, the main garage extension done and the internals of the garage finished by the end of the year or turning of the weather. Ambitious but possible.

ChrisQP09

The new addition has arrived

8032644b8cc00f5132c8ed37b5e20cd6.jpg
7d628df60dd330c1b0c037b28ddeec2c.jpg

Perving on this thread and your progress for a while. Kudos so far, I will be documenting my own garage project.

While I do have the space and height for a full scale 2/4 post lift, I am not sure if I have the required concrete depth needed to support the uprights. Thus, I have changed tact to a scissor lift instead. Would your one accommodate a GTS? It looks great.

rockits

Good work, I'll be glad to see your project progress. The 4 post needs much less concrete depth and strength as I understand compared to a 1 or 2 post.

Yes, the QP would fit fine on that scissor lift as I have had the Volvo XC90 V8 I had on it and also have had the XJL on it which is longer than the QP/GT.

I mainly use the 4 post for storage and occasional use as it hassle to get the lower car out. The upper car down then out then the car I want to look at on and up on the lift. The scissor lift I have used much more for works as it is so much more accessible more of the time. It also does most of what you need as well.

ChrisQP09

Good work, I'll be glad to see your project progress. The 4 post needs much less concrete depth and strength as I understand compared to a 1 or 2 post.

Yes, the QP would fit fine on that scissor lift as I have had the Volvo XC90 V8 I had on it and also have had the XJL on it which is longer than the QP/GT.

I mainly use the 4 post for storage and occasional use as it hassle to get the lower car out. The upper car down then out then the car I want to look at on and up on the lift. The scissor lift I have used much more for works as it is so much more accessible more of the time. It also does most of what you need as well.

Cheers man. Got rid of the QP, got a GTS MC-Shift now :)

How much was the scissor lift and are the wheels of your XJL close to the edging?

rockits

Nice

I took the side protective bars off to be honest as they were a pain in the butt. Only there for safety but you end up tripping over them half the time and nearly broke my ankle once so think they cause more safety issues than they are protecting against!

The XJL goes over an inch or two in the width but that is still plenty fine and in no way a problem.

I paid £1250 + VAT for the lift and £155 + VAT for 2 man delivery and installation.

ChrisQP09

Nice

I took the side protective bars off to be honest as they were a pain in the butt. Only there for safety but you end up tripping over them half the time and nearly broke my ankle once so think they cause more safety issues than they are protecting against!

The XJL goes over an inch or two in the width but that is still plenty fine and in no way a problem.

I paid £1250 + VAT for the lift and £155 + VAT for 2 man delivery and installation.

Fair price to be honest! Once you get a chance, would you mind demonstrating the lift with a quick 1 minute video? By the way impressive work so far, I bet the Wife is coming down with praise haha

lozcb

rockits

Great work rate so far well done , Im sure you aware, but thats looks awfully close to or possibly is an asbestos roof there , be careful for the little one getting close to too much of the dust .....just a thought
Thanks Loz....yes existing stable building roof looks like corrugated asbestos sheets. Have not touched those or going near those so they should be OK and not cause an issue. Long term plan is for stable to go so that will be dealt with by the pros at some point.

Hard graft but good workout so happy with a bit of manual labour

lozcb

Thanks Loz....yes existing stable building roof looks like corrugated asbestos sheets. Have not touched those or going near those so they should be OK and not cause an issue. Long term plan is for stable to go so that will be dealt with by the pros at some point.

Hard graft but good workout so happy with a bit of manual labour

Be worth spraying them with a clear sealer once your finished Just for peace of mind , ive seen the results of what asbestosis causes and it isnt something you would wish on anyone, I would normally love a bit of graft me, but have my hands full at the moment organising moving , ive got about 12 tonnes of mining related equipment to either find a home for or ditch out from my garage

rockits

So still moving forward with this but due to other commitments progress has been a little slower than I would like.

A few update pics

72acc04f6c35513532342f14f76396a7.jpg
724ac0039f50bcfae171206fe88e76f4.jpg
304346928e56ead5ff7644927a70a59e.jpg

rockits

Nothing remotely fantastic at all. Likely type 1 aggregates compacted down first. That may be enough and give.me what I need. If not two lines of simple tiles as a simple path for two tyres if you like.

The two garages are not permanent and likely to move at some point depending on planning application. Just need two likely 3 or 4 addition indoor spaces in the short term. This solves the two.

2b1ask1

Special case
Weird Dave; I was trying to work out proportions and then noted the staircase and suddenly had a new earworm!