Levante drive and review

Wattie

Diesel but an interesting watch.
[video]https://youtu.be/dQiHTdoUzmM[/video]

Cheers Wattie

bigbob

I've got four cars, one of which is diesel as you can only get said car with a diesel in the UK despite the manufacturer - in the Midlands - making them with petrol engines for export markets, including RHD. The Discovery is a great car and the V6 diesel is a cracking engine in it's space but the V6 petrol would be better.

I was sat the other night in my convertible with the roof down - and engine off - waiting for someone and a woman came and parked near me in a diesel Outlander and kept the engine running for fifteen minutes. What a racket! We have all been fooled into buying these **** engines in our nice cars, putting up with the noise and the vibration through the gearstick, steering wheel & pedals all for what? The backlash against diesel is just getting going IMHO. Once parking permits and congestion charges penalise diesel more and NOX reports - in and out of the vehicle - get more coverage then we can all move back to better, quieter, lower real emissions cars.

PS We will all find it hilarious in 10-15 years time when we remember that people used to buy diesel convertibles , the ultimate stupid car purchase.

Wattie

Looked like it to me....almost like it has some type of protection on it. Dunno why...it's about 4ft off the ground!
Cheers wattie

safrane

I understand the trident is a rubberised unit with the lane departure built in.

Almichie

The badge dos look out of place...but the rest looks great IMO. I'm not a fan of suv's but I really would consider buying one.

VMSRTI

Agree it does look plastic.

Aussies will miss out on the twin turbo petrol.

Look forward to seeing how many of the mums will have one at school pick up in the near future.

ChrisQP09

OMFG, now I understand the concept of debadging! That trident is ruined and suggests to me that this car was skimped on, either to benefit other areas or as a money saving exercise full stop. Beyond the badge, the car sounds nice and doesn't look half bad.

safrane

Would be even nicer if the engine bay looked more like a 4200s...but most cars now just showed them in plastic.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Personally I think the Levante looks good. If I was in the market for that kind of thing it'd be on the short-list. A petrol one.

On the petrol / diesel debate you all doubtless saw that Norway will from 2025 ban the sale of cars which burn fuel ? Tesla is of course right proper chuffed. They already sell like hot-cakes in Scandi.

safrane

Front page of the Evening Standard is about increasing the tax on oil burners and their conjestion charge...NO2 and particulates have been in the London headlines all week.

dunnah01

Apart from the horrible badge it's probably as good as all the other tractors out there - so why would you buy this one??

MrMickS

Apart from the horrible badge it's probably as good as all the other tractors out there - so why would you buy this one??

If I was in the market for one I would take a look. I'll be interested to see it once it hits the showrooms anyway.

Why? For the same reason I bought the Ghibli instead of following the herd and buying German.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dem maser

interesting all these new models....would you buy a Levante for 70k or a Giulia Quadrofigli whatever for 60k.....
Different cars i hear you reply? are they? Is the Levante any better at transporting people around? anymore economical? certainly not faster and certainly wont be going off road

i like the Levante but i feel the Giulia is that good of a buy that if i could id buy that ahead of a Levante

Andyk

The Giulia Quadrofigli has had a few great reviews especially the EVO one...Sounds like Alfa's best performance car for many years...

MAF260

That's a pointless comparison. The cars are completely different, built and bought for entirely different reasons. You may as well compare an Aventador and a Yaris.