Levante drive and review

MAF260

What can the Levante do that the Alfa cant?

Pointless question - they're built and bought for different reasons.

If you want some answers:
1. Be a Maserati
2. Go offroad (properly)
3. Carry a dog in the boot
4. 30-40mpg

etc. etc.

MrMickS

Pointless question - they're built and bought for different reasons.

If you want some answers:
1. Be a Maserati
2. Go offroad (properly)
3. Carry a dog in the boot
4. 30-40mpg

etc. etc.

I reckon the Alfa will be able to get the 30-40mpg with its clever switching off of cylinders on a run. I get 30 on a motorway cruise.

The rest a spot on. The most important being a)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Totally different gig and room in the world for both. Compare a Disovery or a Rangie Sport with a Beemer 5 series. Both good. Both different. Most significantly, one rides higher and is likely perceived as safer and good for hauling the kids to nursery. I'd have a Levante if I was in that market cos I think they look pretty bloody good and the V6 petrol sounds it, too.

conaero

Forum Owner
interesting all these new models....would you buy a Levante for 70k or a Giulia Quadrofigli whatever for 60k.....
Different cars i hear you reply? are they? Is the Levante any better at transporting people around? anymore economical? certainly not faster and certainly wont be going off road

i like the Levante but i feel the Giulia is that good of a buy that if i could id buy that ahead of a Levante

I'll wait for the facelift in 2020 then descide.

Andyk

Def different cars I suppose but Dem asked so answered and the Alfa would be my choice....Get why Dem asked as well as at the money there are lots of good cars worth thinking about..........So if we are talking the same...I would still have a Jaguar F Pace I think over the Levante as prefer the way it looks. But I haven't seen the Maserati in the flesh so that may change my mind.

conaero

Forum Owner
Talking of facelifts yes I was with Simon Le Bon last night. He was proof, at 57, to always wait and go for the facelift!

Spartacus

yeah he looks alright . But i think they moved all the extra skin from his neck and stuffed it in his cheeks

midlifecrisis

Getting back the Levante Thread and not Simon's face, I like the line at 4:40, "Being a Maserati, it has to sound like a MAserati'.

Benny have you made that H-Pipe for me yet?