Poole 15 July 2016 Quay For My Car

midlifecrisis

It was cancelled during the day, but since John and Newton were going to turn up and i had the restaurant booked I still trekked the 4 miles from Westbourne, through the rain, hail, pestilence that the skies through at us.

All for a pizza...and very nice it was too...

Contigo

Sponsor
I know that! It was cancelled as I was gonna come down but knew it was a washout. It's a pretty dull show IMO

midlifecrisis

True but it's close. I used to do the Tuesday bike meets but they were even duller, just a tourist attraction nothing else. At least Bournemouth Wheels put on a show.

Alfaspecial

Contigo /Mid Life Crisis
#
#
Come on Folks: It's a FREE show. You can't expect 'entertainment' without paying........

As MLC says it's similar to bike night - aimed at providing tourists (and exhibitors) with something to keep them spending in the Poole Quay area. Nothing wrong with that.
And as for us car-bores it's great to have a 'freebie'. A chance to meet & greet - and have a nice meal out in Poole. We usually make a day or even a weekend of it - drive down Friday am, go for a walk / swim in Sandbanks (or Durdle Door) - bit of shopping in Poole, a meal / couple of drinks if staying in Poole.

Did you look at Colin's report. Without paying good money I doubt many of us wood be able to get up close with a Ferrari F40 and I've never even seen a Maserati Shamal....

Contigo

Sponsor
It's just in poor attendance really. It's a nice location and a good excuse for a run out and have a beer and some food with like minded individuals but that is where it ends. The public looked pretty non plussed by the cars and I was told not to rev the car because the residents didn't like my whisper quiet motor.

Alfaspecial

The first year attendance was brill. 100% Capacity. The organisers said it was one of the best Q4MCs ever...... but (weather considerations apart) it's never matched the first one.
After 2 years of falling numbers 2016 & 2015 (cancelled) it might not happen next year - indeed the Porsche night was cancelled this year.

Obviously there is no budget for advertising - it's only promotion is through word of mouth through forums such as this. Still, as always it's a case of 'use it or loose it'.