Granturismo S - winter tyre size options

granturismo

so my GT-S has got 20" alloys just now, standard 8.5 wide on the front 10.5 wide on the back.

Can anyone advise if the 4.2 V shape 19" alloys (same width as 20"s) would clear GT-S brakes ?

In terms of tyre sizes I just want to get same size as summer tyres so either 245/35/20 front and 285/35/20 back or 245/40/19 and 285/40/19....

bigbob

Yes they will work - your driver's door will have a sticker showing that 19" wheels with 40 profile tyres fit. In the winter I run M&S* tyres on my 20" wheels (Pirelli SottoZeros) but I have TPMS so going for a set of 19" wheels would cost too much.

I was in Edinburgh today but in the Graypaul loan Ghibli as my car is still waiting on parts.

granturismo

thanks for the response, didn't think to look at the sticker... doh...

I thought about just getting a set of 20" tyres for the current alloys but I've yet to find a garage in Edinburgh who I could trust with swapping over the tyres without paying some silly money and not worrying they'll damage the wheel. Have had Audi wheels damaged with fine rotational scratches on the spokes which garage denied liability for and of course I couldn't prove it.
Are you not concerned about potential damage when swapping tyres twice a year? Also practicalities of getting them over to a garage...

bigbob

Your concerns are well placed and, thankfully, in five year of ownership I have not kerbed my alloys so it is relevant but these cars go through rear (summer) tyres in 5000 miles so you will at the tyre shop plenty enough times.

I use a tyre fitter north of the Forth who also operates a tyre hotel service. Happy to PM you the details if you are interested but no probs if not as I am sure there will be similar places in EH.

granturismo

fire away details, as long as its not further north than Perth it would be okay.... likewise if anyone has got recommendations for a reliable and careful fitter in Edinburgh I would appreciate.

MAF260

I've still got a lovely set of 20" Stradale wheels available for sale. The last set I have, must get round to selling them!

granturismo

just to follow up on my question - can any one advise what is the correct weight ratings for front and back in 20" size?
Some websites state 91, 94 and 95 front others 104 or 105 back - I've got 91 and 100 on summer pirellis just now.

outrun

It's June guys. How bad is the weather over in Edinburgh? It's sunny here in the big city.

bigbob

just to follow up on my question - can any one advise what is the correct weight ratings for front and back in 20" size?
Some websites state 91, 94 and 95 front others 104 or 105 back - I've got 91 and 100 on summer pirellis just now.

Thought the plate on the door told you?! IIRC it's 95 front and 100 rear.

granturismo

lol its June but I want to get the tyres sorted now so I don't run around and pay over the odds come November time.