New Rear Boxes

Murray C

Been toying with the idea of changing my modified rear boxes for some time now...done the usual drooling over larini's & tubi's but
just kept pulling it off as mine sounded pretty good anyway, came across this set of GTS MC Sportline rears and....well you all no what happens next....the grey mist rolls over and you buy.Well they turn up today and they look fantastic....can't wait to get them on but they do look good sitting on the lounge floor.(Thankfully the wife's on holiday). Here some pic's before they go on

IMG_0001.jpgIMG_0002.jpgIMG_0003.jpgIMG_0004.jpg

Mr K

They look good - were they a bargain? Presumably for the QP in your avatar pic. Are they a straight swap? How are you going to get the valves to operate?

Murray C

Thanks Mark - Over a 1K cheaper so yes a bargain. They are a straight swap and will get the kit to make the valve work.

AndyG

Think you need to check, as I'm sure the GT ones have longer tail pipes these are my QP ones
edd1b538a41882d9cc5682b50873fb3d.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

StuartW

Those are Larinis though Andy aren't they? Perhaps they have slightly different dimensions to OE?

AndyG

Correct they are, but I'm sure the GT and QP are not the same length but I could be wrong

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RSM Masser

Both (all 4) of those look like works of art. I just can't help wondering what sort of sound would be heard without those box things in the middle

Murray C

Stuart you are right, they are OE for the QP GTS....nice Larini's Andy, I did look at them as well

Massa in Perth

I was up with the options for 3200GT back boxes (and I recall a really good post that summed up the options and the costs/traits of each), but is there (or can someone whose done the research please provide) a summary of the position for QPs please?

Larinis, Tubis, modified OEs, what else? anyone care to share approx. prices? Love the idea of a push button valved option too.

Contigo

Sponsor
Depends on the model mate, yours by the looks of things is a Sport GT which has an unsilenced X Pipe anyway so no gains to be had by going with a Larini X-pipe for instance. I had secondary cats deleted on mine and an X-pipe and it sounded nice with pops and bags etc. The biggest gains you will get are fitting some Larini back boxes or Tubi's or for ASBO's have the standard boxes removed and go with Straight through pipes :D

StuartW

Check out the videos posted on here by forum member Sommi, he has a full Larini system fitted to his QP. I believe it was a system fitted by Larini as a showcase for what they can do, it does sound very special

rs48635

So my Sport GT needs more noise. Is the H pipe any use to me with OEM back boxes?
Spoke with Josh last week. Not sure we firmed up date for fitting. Anyone got email address for Josh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Contigo

Sponsor
So my Sport GT needs more noise. Is the H pipe any use to me with OEM back boxes?
Spoke with Josh last week. Not sure we firmed up date for fitting. Anyone got email address for Josh?

I talk to him either in person (he's 1 minute away from my house) or on FB chat. He's off on holiday from Friday for a week.

An H pipe will make yours louder but not massively. If you want to gain more on yours Rob you need to change the back boxes (straight through or aftermarket like Larini or Tubi).

redsonnylee

I talk to him either in person (he's 1 minute away from my house) or on FB chat. He's off on holiday from Friday for a week.

An H pipe will make yours louder but not massively. If you want to gain more on yours Rob you need to change the back boxes (straight through or aftermarket like Larini or Tubi).

So H from pipe from Josh with Larinis would be a good option then?

Contigo

Sponsor
Yep that's what I would do on a QP.

3200 it's easy, straight through all the way after the primary cats.

[video=youtube;ri2WbiEbCo4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ri2WbiEbCo4[/video]

rs48635

Thanks Phil, will chew it over with Josh once we're both back from hols. Not sure I can afford proper rear boxes. Maybe have some replacements made, with minimal baffling.