2017 The Road to Le Mans

conaero

Forum Owner
Dates just released as 17 & 18th June 2017

All 2016 members will be re offered their place then any spare places will be offered out to SM members.

G

Guest 1678

They do know we are coming? You sure we aren't being spoofed.

I'm in.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Wouldn't miss it for the world. Epic laughs, epic drives (2am track to gite with DAN! DAN! DAN!, Athol, Damo and my GTS was triumphant. And besides, where else could we go where armed police can tip up at the gite for a quiet chat?

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
About that???

Apparently the mayor of the local town was much impressed with the noise of our cars, and the speed with which they can move from point A to point B. He felt it a becoming addition to his town and wanted to send round some of his brave boys to congratulate us.

I think that was it anyway...

IMG_1532.jpg

2b1ask1

Special case
Much in-drawing of breath then, just a 'quiet word'? Presumably they didn't actually catch anyone and lighten their wallets?

Wack61

Apparently the mayor of the local town was much impressed with the noise of our cars, and the speed with which they can move from point A to point B. He felt it a becoming addition to his town and wanted to send round some of his brave boys to congratulate us.

I think that was it anyway...

View attachment 37446

The Mayor had probably just finished binge watching "Mad Dogs" and spat his red wine out when he saw you lot drive past his window

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Much in-drawing of breath then, just a 'quiet word'? Presumably they didn't actually catch anyone and lighten their wallets?

That's right. They said they would be hiding in the hedgerows* and waiting for us in case we forgot to be quiet and go slowly, but most(ly) we were respectable and respectful guests this year. Well, there was an unfortunate incident in the supermarket with a fog horn. And a trolley. But those were isolated outbreaks of mischief.

As our learned friend Mr Yoghurt observed, we're just a bunch of 12-year olds with supercars. Frankly, what do you expect? :smile:

*hardly a Churchillian speech: "we will hide in the hedgerows and under the bridges..."

zagatoes30

Surprisingly the bucket and I will be going again in 2017, despite us getting pulled on the way back.

A nice cheery Gendarme said he only pulled us in as he liked the car :lol2:

Checked license & passports and sent us on our way

Dan!

Please add me to the list for next year. Plus my mate wants to come in his car.

conaero

Forum Owner
Please add me to the list for next year. Plus my mate wants to come in his car.

Its a Maserati then?

[video=youtube;NwW3ytid4DA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NwW3ytid4DA[/video]

Your lady is not coming is she, she's a bit racy!

[video=youtube;noTjI3CloYk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noTjI3CloYk[/video]

Whilst we are on Partridge we have to have this one:

[video=youtube;t8_8_ABQicQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8_8_ABQicQ[/video]

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
That's right. They said they would be hiding in the hedgerows* and waiting for us in case we forgot to be quiet and go slowly, but most(ly) we were respectable and respectful guests this year. Well, there was an unfortunate incident in the supermarket with a fog horn. And a trolley. But those were isolated outbreaks of mischief.

As our learned friend Mr Yoghurt observed, we're just a bunch of 12-year olds with supercars. Frankly, what do you expect? :smile:

*hardly a Churchillian speech: "we will hide in the hedgerows and under the bridges..."

The french hide anywhere they can, especially if it avoids the fighting. W4nkers.

Jkulin

Provisionally can you put Me and my 2 side kicks down as need to see how my wife would be.

D Walker

Stick me down as a provisional/passenger (for someone with no freinds) and I will probably fill an empty seat unless I am in Maserland again by then