Shock Absorber refurbishment

rob05170

Does anyone know of a reputable place in the mainland UK where I can get rear shocks refurbished on my 4200 Coupe (skyhook). Don't really want to have to pay for brand new shocks due to hefty price tag!

rob05170

Thanks, I tried him last year but back then he could not assist. Maybe he's recently got tooled up then?

CatmanV2

Thanks, I tried him last year but back then he could not assist. Maybe he's recently got tooled up then?

Hmm. I *thought* it had been longer than that. There's certainly a guy on ebay that does an exchange quite reasonably. I thought that was a 'name' as well. Maybe Performance Parts (I think it is) in Ireland.

C

rob05170

Yes, seen his advert on ebay already. I believe the shocks are made by Bilstein and have read a thread they used to refurb 4200 shocks at a very reasonable price. Think they are based in Leicester so will give them a call next week.

redsonnylee

Yes, seen his advert on ebay already. I believe the shocks are made by Bilstein and have read a thread they used to refurb 4200 shocks at a very reasonable price. Think they are based in Leicester so will give them a call next week.

Let me know how you get on as one of mine is leaking - cheers

rob05170

Yes I will post back if I have any success with Bilstein in Leicester. Any other suggestions from members will be welcome on this subject.

rob05170

Update from David Askew who has just replied to say that he only does shock refurbs for the 3200 and NOT the 4200. Any other members know of anywhere in the mainland UK that refurbs 4200 shocks?

rob05170

Update. Spoke to the guys at Bilstein (Leicester), they do indeed refurbish 4200 shocks providing the piston rod is serviceable and is not pitted or scored excessivley. At present they do not have any new pistons rods should yours need rwplacing. Price of refurb is £80 + vat.

Zep

Now that is good to know. I would have done mine when they were off the car for that price!