New member, very short introduction

Robbe

Hi all,
new to this forum, but not new to Maserati. Having owned a Ghibli 2.0 a few years ago, I just made the step to buy another Maserati, a 3200 this time.
It is a 2000 year manual with 120k km on the clock (= ca. 75 k miles I believe)
I live in The Netherlands. 3200's or any other Maserati is a rare sight over here.
The 3200 has the usual problems with the on/off switch throttle, I will have to look into the problem which side is causing the problem, or maybe both...
Apart from that it feels solid and stabile on the road, no problems to be expected in the short term re the suspension.
I already PMed about the group buy for the discs, hopefully it is still in time to participate.

As I have a lot of other hobbies and other cars, I probably will not be very active on the forum, but for the occasional posting.
Just wanted to congratulate the community over here with a good looking forum, a source of very valuable info.
best to all,
Robbe

Andyk

Hi Robbe and a big warm welcome to the forum. I you get chance post some pictures of your 3200 as we would love to see it.

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Goedemiddag and a very warm welcome, Robbe. This forum has a broad range of interests. It's even been known to discuss Italian cars from time to time. Feel free to post on any subject. There are few topic which don't provoke wide-ranging discussion. :smile:

Contigo

Sponsor
Welcome Robbe, this forum is very "Gezellig" so you will feel very welcome and part of the crew!

Robbe

Thanks all for your warm welcome!
Good to see you know Dutch words other than the obvious first-words-that-one-learns-in-a-foreign-language like, well, you know what I mean...

I will try to post some pics when I actually have the car at my disposal. At the moment it is in the shop to have a pre-MOT check done.
It still has to receive a Dutch registration, so before it will be checked out at the registration office I want to have it prepared.

allandwf

Welcome, I also have a 3200. Good choice. A throttle reset should hopefully cure the on/off response.

Robbe

Welcome, I also have a 3200. Good choice. A throttle reset should hopefully cure the on/off response.
That indeed will be the first thing I will try, but as I expect that both sides of the drive by wire construction are still factory Original, I will probably end up looking for a contactless throttle body.
I understand that the sponsor of this section of the forum has a solution for this.
So does a Dutch member as well, but as his activities are from 5-6 years ago, I do not know if he still makes those.

Robbe

Great, will contact him once the car is in (dutch registration has to be completed, and on holiday right now...)