Looking For Project Car

rockits

I have been looking at taking on a project car with my brother in law for a while. been looking at some options that maybe could be turned into a part time track car as well.

This popped up which looked as though it needs a bit of work but could be ideal. Any ideas what something like this could be worth before & after? is it a good and worthwhile option I should look at?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfa-Rome...ect-parts-car-/142034857161?&autorefresh=true

zagatoes30

155 widebody V6 is a relatively rare car and are now starting to appreciate, circa £2.5K. The problem will be rescuing one may cost more than that quite quickly but parts are plentiful and there is a good forum that can help especially with advice. This car has jsut been posted on there

http://www.alfa155.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=48622

IMO the 155 is vastly under-rated, it is a very well setup front wheel drive saloon that handle surprisingly well. V6 power and noise are lovely and a few tweaks to the suspension can really bring the out the best of them.

Andyk

I had two in the past ... And loved both...The twin spark wide body was very well set up and was a lot of fun. As Andy has said rare in wide body form...I would love to have bought one and turned it into a DTM look alike.

rockits

Thanks all. Well always wanted an Alfa and a Busso at that so this could work. Might be worth £750 or a bit more but not sure it is worth £1k or more as Zag says....could cost a ton to get it somewhere decent.

rockits

Yes, seem to be very rare. Running gear of an Integrale. A bit more of a 'project' than I was looking for but I've never shied away from anything difficult. Local to me as well so only 15 mins down the road.

Andyk

Andy has one of these I believe so well worth a chat to him... To be honest what he doesn't know about Alfas isn't worth knowing...

zagatoes30

Q4 read expensive, they are temperamental little beasts but when right awesome. Mine is pumping out just over 300BHP but is just about to be stripped down and rebuilt again. This is an early narrow bodied version one of 19 officially imported into the UK, the reg is very similar to the press cars Alfa used in the BTCC in 94. There are probably less than 25 Skinny Q4s in the country along with another 4 or 5 widebody versions like mine.

A near mint widebody version was picked up by a mate of mine for £5.5k recently but they are so under priced compared to the much more common Integrale.

rockits

Thanks Andy. Your mate did very well by the sounds of it. The guy in Hoddesdon with the is Colin Sowter who owns/runs superformance and does Fezza and Maser parts. Apparently the shell and donor owe him about £9k! He is looking for half that as a guide. Makes the near mint one at £5.5k seem cheap or decent. Or this one is expensive or combination of the both! Not sure how much a shell with roll cage unpainted is worth.

The V6 seems like the obvious option as the Q4 seems a little highly strung and rarer. Good and bad I guess.

zagatoes30

This is the one he bought

13466006_10209710270102279_2073230277563797247_n.jpg

I did know of a 3.0 155 with a 6 speed box that was for sale but I believe that sold this weekend and there are the odd ones that have been converted to Fiat 20V Turbo power.

IMO the best are the very last 2.0 16V versions, lighter than the V6 with a much sharper turn in due to a quick rack, superbly balanced chassis with great brakes a real hooligan motor and the only car I have ever bought brand new.

Andyk

Agree with Andy...I drove V6 and the 2 litre twin spark wide body and bought the twin spark as it felt lighter, handled better and just seemed set up better.

Here's mine.....

zagatoes30

As far as I am aware the only road going155 that was 4WD is the Q4. There were the DTM race cars but they are something entirely different, 400BHP 2.5V6 that howled and screamed, anyone who ever saw one race remembers that sound

Warm Up Watch to the end

In Action