Chris Harris Drives: the Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio

StuartW

You really do have a downing on the front of this car Matt.......... Just cannot see it...There are worse front ends in the Alfa range....(Mito)

I have to agree I'm afraid, I too am not a fan of the front of this car. I have no doubt it is beautifully engineered but just looks ugly to me. It's all in the eye of the beholder I guess

dem maser

Good review and if some one had told us 5 years ago that Alfa would have a car that is nearly as good as a M3 we wouldn't have believed them. The more I see it the more I like it which is often the way with the better Alfas. Tempted to consider a new one but common sense says wait and buy one 12-18 mths after release. Pretty sure I will end up with one, one way or another.

same. Ill be looking for a good second hand deal in 2 years time....they will prob loose 50% so circa 30k suits me as my car will be a decent enough deposit.

MrMickS

I quite like the look of the front of the QV. Not so sure about the regular car. That said I've only seen photos. Might be different in the flesh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dem maser

Not the prettiest Alfa ever but it passes for me and that engine makes it a great second hand buy when it's a couple of years old

MrMickS

Ok. I've seen them today. QV and standard. To me they look a lot better in the flesh. The pictures don't do them justice.

On balance still I'm still glad I didn't wait and bought the Ghibli but it does look to be a proper Alfa.

Alfabaz

I don't think the depreciation on a QV will be much worse than on a new M3 or C63. It might even be better given its relative rarity and 'want one' factor. They do look fantastic in the metal and it's great that they seem to drive so well. Can't wait to try one.

bigbob

Exactly, Maserati should respond to that with Ghibli MC or GTS, bolt on a nice bodykit, tune the exhaust and engine of Ghibli S, lower and widen stance and its a winner.

That is far too logical for Maserati to consider...well logical.

dem maser

Ok. I've seen them today. QV and standard. To me they look a lot better in the flesh. The pictures don't do them justice.

On balance still I'm still glad I didn't wait and bought the Ghibli but it does look to be a proper Alfa.

Where did you see them?

spkennyuk

There is an article on the Alfa in this months Top gear magazine. Not had chance to read it yet but its 4 or 5 pages and looks like it uses stills taken from the video you posted.

MrMickS

Where did you see them?

At the dealership on the exit of the Alfa museum in Arese. Had to make a visit as I was in the area

Saw another outside a dealership in Basel as well. They do look good.

boomerang

Enjoying holidays now at Lago Maggiore, having some extra time for reading, i bought the recent "Auto Motor und Sport" magazine.
Special inlay, 16 pages, just dedicated to the new Giulia.
Never read such a positive story about an Alfa in a German car magazine!
Read a comparing test with German rivals somewhere else....Giulia ending up number 1!

I really think they cracked it this time!
Its high tech, they reduced mass where they could (carbon fiber drive shaft, lots of aluminum) resulting in comfort, yet offering great feedback and dynamics.

After getting rid of the numb A5 coupe, we temporary drive a 2005 166 3.0 sportronic.
My first Alfa ever.
Our trust in the marque has grown since we bought it.

Temporary, just because we did not know what to do next.
But; really considering the Giulia 200hp petrol version now, coming September, as a new daily.

Regarding depreciation: in Holland financial lease is offered including 4 years warranty for 349,- euro's.
Bmw/Audi/Mercedes do not offer lower rates for comparing cars.
I think that's a good sign!

Andyk

Certainly sounds like they have got it right which is great to say for a change....well done Alfa.

lisknik

Actually watched Top Gear last night, Chris Harris really is a decent presenter on there, and he can drive......maybe it will survive...........

CatmanV2

Actually watched Top Gear last night, Chris Harris really is a decent presenter on there, and he can drive......maybe it will survive...........

Reports in the Metro this morning making it look less likely. I think Harris, Reid and MLB would be good.

It still all sounds scripted. If you go to Youtube and look at the stuff the other three are doing it is so more natural.

C

Andyk

Alfa sent me a Giulia brochure yesterday......Car looks good in all forms...

MrMickS

Alfa sent me a Giulia brochure yesterday......Car looks good in all forms...

I got the Giulia brochure yesterday too. Waiting for the invite from the dealer for a test drive.

Would be a shame not to have a test drive if it on offer wouldn't it?