Non-Australian Delivered Maserati

AlfaRomeoGTV6

Dear Fellow Maseratisti

I need your help. I understand privately imported Maseratis upon local modification to comply with Australian Design Rules for motor vehicles which are intended for private use are fitted with a green plate.

Am I correct?

Cheers, Ron

image.jpg

BL330

Hi Ron,
No the green plate was for official Australian imported cars and it is located at the front of the engine bay as pictured.
Privately imported cars have a red sticker located in the passenger door frame and no approval plate riveted as shown.
Regards,
Bruce

AlfaRomeoGTV6

Hi Ron,
No the green plate was for official Australian imported cars and it is located at the front of the engine bay as pictured.
Privately imported cars have a red sticker located in the passenger door frame and no approval plate riveted as shown.
Regards,
Bruce

G'day Bruce, Thank you very much for your kind advice. It's just what I needed. I have not yet seen a privately imported GranSport 'in the flesh'. I was considering a GS located in Sydney on Carsales. Cheer mate, Ron

Fair2

Hi Ron,
Regards,
Bruce
Hi, correct. Mine was a private import. Only need a few changes, child seat restraint clips, speedo in K's only, and refuel nozzle.
Robert

AlfaRomeoGTV6

Hi, correct. Mine was a private import. Only need a few changes, child seat restraint clips, speedo in K's only, and refuel nozzle.
Robert

G'day Robert, Thank you for your input. I am still searching for my Holy Grail. I have no preference regarding a factory/official import GranSport or grey/private import GranSport. Cheers, Ron

BL330

Have you seen it in the flesh? It looks gorgeous in the photos.
If my car wasn't in a million pieces in my garage replacing the heater matrix, I'd offer to cast an eye over it for you.

AlfaRomeoGTV6

Have you seen it in the flesh? It looks gorgeous in the photos.
If my car wasn't in a million pieces in my garage replacing the heater matrix, I'd offer to cast an eye over it for you.

G'day Bruce, Unfortunately I have not seen the car in the flesh. I live in Geelong and I don't have anyone in Sydney to help me out. So I Thank very very much for your kind offer to view it for me. The problem I have with this beautiful GranSport is its service history. It has been serviced once only in the past 7 years by Ferrari Maserati Sydney. However at the right price I may be tempted to take the risk and buy it (much to the horror of my wife!!!). Cheers mate, Ron

image.jpg

image.jpg

BL330

It looks sweet. I'll PM you the phone number of a Ferrari & Maserati credentialed mechanic in Sydney who I've known has been flown interstate to do pre purchase inspections for Ferrari's before. He owns a Gransport too.
He's a good guy and has worked on a ton of Gransports including mine.

AlfaRomeoGTV6

It looks sweet. I'll PM you the phone number of a Ferrari & Maserati credentialed mechanic in Sydney who I've known has been flown interstate to do pre purchase inspections for Ferrari's before. He owns a Gransport too.
He's a good guy and has worked on a ton of Gransports including mine.

Awesome. Thank you. Cheers mate, Ron