FOR SALE in Melbourne 2008 Maserati GranSport 14,000kms Netunno Blu(?)/Avorio

AlfaRomeoGTV6

Hi Ron
I have just sent him a message asking him to contact me to either supply his number for me to pass on to "my friend who is looking for a GS" or to call me so I can provide him with my friends number.

PM me your number so if he does call I can give it to him for you

cheers

G'day George, PM sent. Thank you. Cheers mate, Ron

AlfaRomeoGTV6

Hi Ron, it could be time for desperate measures if the seller is in contact with other potential purchasers.
I would type up a letter, buy a express post envelope and deliver it to Maranello personally.
Ask them to address it and post it, if they are keeping his address to themselves.
That way you'll know he gets it next day.
Good luck, it does look like a beauty.

G'day Bruce, Thank you for your advice. I had planned on following your advice this afternoon, however I woke this morning to George's kind offer. I sure hope the seller contacts me. Thanks again. Cheers mate, Ron

Fair2

G'day Robert, Absolutely nothing. I don't know what to make of it. Two friends have also enquired and did not receive a reply from the owner. Cheers mate, Ron

Just a thought, why don't you report it to carsales.com as a scam? That it is not for sale. He will either have to remove advert or confirm it is for sale!
Robert

AlfaRomeoGTV6

Just a thought, why don't you report it to carsales.com as a scam? That it is not for sale. He will either have to remove advert or confirm it is for sale!
Robert

G'day Robert, Thank you for your input. I reported the listing to the CarSales Integrity Unit. Unfortunately they didn't convey their investigation results to me, despite my request to do so. I have telephoned Carsales at least five times venting my concern and frustration. Cheers mate, Ron

Vincere

Hi Ron

I was thinking that maybe this seller is against having a independent PPI done? Did you mention to that to him in your messages?

A client at my work was recently interested in a Porsche on cs, he contacted the seller telling him he was interested and that he wanted my work to do a PPI, the seller refused and basically told him not to contact him again

Maybe hes waiting for someone to come along and buy the car straight up

AlfaRomeoGTV6

Hi Ron

I was thinking that maybe this seller is against having a independent PPI done? Did you mention to that to him in your messages?

A client at my work was recently interested in a Porsche on cs, he contacted the seller telling him he was interested and that he wanted my work to do a PPI, the seller refused and basically told him not to contact him again

G'day Vince, The only workshop I want to conduct the PPI is Maranello Motorsport which is the workshop that services the car. Mararanello Motorsport's Service Manager informed me he would charge me only one hour labour to perform the PPI because he believes the car is in such brilliant order. My mind has been elsewhere during the past week, but I'll get back on to the letter to the owner delivered via Maranello in the next day or so. Cheers mate, Ron

AlfaRomeoGTV6

Hi Ron

G'day Vince, I failed to answer your question. My apologies. I have just checked the eight emails I have forwarded to the seller via Carsales and I have not mentioned a PPI. Cheers mate, Ron

alfatwo

Ron, getting off the subject for a mo mate.. Do you remember that bloody fast yellow GTV6 at Bathurst around 1985, same time as the Walkinshaw XJS's

Nearly as fast as the Jag down the conrod straight!...was having a argument with a mate of mine at the weekend as to who was driving, was it Alan Jones?

Cheers Dave

adam01

Ron, getting off the subject for a mo mate.. Do you remember that bloody fast yellow GTV6 at Bathurst around 1985, same time as the Walkinshaw XJS's

Nearly as fast as the Jag down the conrod straight!...was having a argument with a mate of mine at the weekend as to who was driving, was it Alan Jones?

Cheers Dave

check here

http://www.alfaclubvic.org.au/forum/index.php?topic=5788.0

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colin_Bond_Racing

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...hUKEwjI4IiE8qPOAhVCnJQKHWBPAFgQ_AUIBigB&dpr=1

AlfaRomeoGTV6

Cheers Dave

G'day Dave, My sincere apologies for my delay responding to your question. Alan Jones and Colin Bond together drove an Alfa Romeo GTV6 in the 1985 Bathurst 1000, winning the under 3 litre class.

Pictured below are Alan Jones and Colin Bond, 1985 Bathurst 1000.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

The link below is the complete history of the Alfa Romeo GTV6 in Australian touring car racing.

http://www.shannons.com.au/club/news/alfa-romeo-gtv6-group-as-cheeky-big-car-challenger/

Cheers mate, Ron

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 28

AlfaRomeoGTV6

The above photograph is of Alan Jones. A quote verbatim from Mark Oastler's story (see link in above post), 'Alfa Romeo GTV6: Group A's Cheeky 'Big Car' Challenger', "Anyone lucky enough to witness F1 champion Alan Jones driving the wheels off his LHD Luigi Racing GTV6 during the 1985 ATCC will never forget it, including his admiring team-mate Colin Bond. Here the 1980 world champ has the Alfa in a beautifully controlled power slide at Surfers Paradise on his way to another class win and stunning fourth place outright".

Cheers, Ron

alfatwo

Nice one Ron...I was at the Silverstone Classic last weekend, on the Sunday there as a race for mostly Group A cars from the early 80's
Some quick Ford Capri's and SD1 Rovers plus a couple of Alfa GTV6's, bought back all the memories!

Dave

AlfaRomeoGTV6

Nice one Ron...I was at the Silverstone Classic last weekend, on the Sunday there as a race for mostly Group A cars from the early 80's
Some quick Ford Capri's and SD1 Rovers plus a couple of Alfa GTV6's, bought back all the memories!

Dave

G'day Dave, It's an absolute pleasure for me to yak about the GTV6. Cheers mate, Ron

adam01

Alfatwo

Today there was a major Alfa exhibition and amongst the pedegree cars both old and new there were 2 of the racing Alfas U were interesed in. Have a few other pics. but these three show the vehicles in question

Attachments

• 20161127_111000_resized.jpg
    20161127_111000_resized.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 20161127_110834_resized.jpg
    20161127_110834_resized.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 29
  • 20161127_111016_resized.jpg
    20161127_111016_resized.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 34