Windscreen wipers

Andy Marshall

Nope, can't find any wipers for 2009 Quattroporte. Can anyone advise differently?

If you go here: https://www.carid.com/2009-maserati-quattroporte-wiper-blades/ You can find various options for QP5 blades. The site is American, BUT, if you click on the details tab of the products and scroll down about 3/4 of the way down the page you will see the actual wiper blade manufacturer part number (Be it Trico, Bosch etc) Those part numbers should enable you to locate a suitable supply in the UK (unless you want to buy from the US? )

Jkulin

If you go here: https://www.carid.com/2009-maserati-quattroporte-wiper-blades/ You can find various options for QP5 blades. The site is American, BUT, if you click on the details tab of the products and scroll down about 3/4 of the way down the page you will see the actual wiper blade manufacturer part number (Be it Trico, Bosch etc) Those part numbers should enable you to locate a suitable supply in the UK (unless you want to buy from the US? )

Thanks Andy, much appreciated.

I've got a vehicle leaving the States in the next few days, so I figured I'd get a set shipped to our warehouse in New Jersey as the inland is only $7.16 as opposed to $86.00 if you want them posted, the vehicle is coming up to my engineers in Wolverhampton so effectively it won't cost me anything.

If they fit my QP then I would be quite happy to sort a group buy out for everyone and get them sent over to my agents and then all we would have to do is get them collected from Southampton and delivered to me and then if people wanted I could post them out or take them down to the next ACE Cafe meet.

I won't get them for about a month (Customs Clearance+Ocean Travel+UK Collection), so once I have them then I will let you know, I'll create a separate thread once I have seen if these fit perfectly as no point getting a load if they don't.

Mr K

Do they need to be OE if they do the job to a high standard?

Never mind whether they are OE, they look a bit cheap. Plus they're not even the right size for a QP, which is 26 + 18, not 21 + 21!

I've already posted details on the alternative parts sticky thread. Bosch AR26U (with very minor mod to clip) and AR18U. Better than OE.

Team GCR

Mr K, I can assure you they don't look cheap in reality. There is a much older post from a few years ago when a load of us bought these wipers and everyone was impressed with the quality. If I need to spend £120 on wipers to get the correct quality I can and will but when I can buy a high quality alternative for a fraction of the price then I will. Tell the seller the size you want I am sure he will oblige. They are far quieter and clear the screen better than Bosch wipers I have on some of my cars...... I AM a believer that you get what you pay for but in my experience these wipers are the exception that proves thee rule.

Phil the Brit

No, you are right, they don't NEED to be OE. It is just that I prefer to keep my cars exactly as they should be. I have nothing against putting on an item that looks exactly as the original but not something so far different in appearance. I am sure your wipers will work fine, no worse than OE.

CatmanV2

No, you are right, they don't NEED to be OE. It is just that I prefer to keep my cars exactly as they should be. I have nothing against putting on an item that looks exactly as the original but not something so far different in appearance. I am sure your wipers will work fine, no worse than OE.

Far better IME. I bought them for my 4200. They work better, look better (IMO) and are sensibly priced.
C

Phil the Brit

Never mind whether they are OE, they look a bit cheap. Plus they're not even the right size for a QP, which is 26 + 18, not 21 + 21!

I've already posted details on the alternative parts sticky thread. Bosch AR26U (with very minor mod to clip) and AR18U. Better than OE.

Just looked up these Bosch part numbers and they are "flat blade" type not OE type. They probably work fine but they are visually very different looking.
Call me obsessive compulsive if you like, I just like things to look "as they should"!

Mr K

Mr K, I can assure you they don't look cheap in reality. There is a much older post from a few years ago when a load of us bought these wipers and everyone was impressed with the quality. If I need to spend £120 on wipers to get the correct quality I can and will but when I can buy a high quality alternative for a fraction of the price then I will. Tell the seller the size you want I am sure he will oblige. They are far quieter and clear the screen better than Bosch wipers I have on some of my cars...... I AM a believer that you get what you pay for but in my experience these wipers are the exception that proves thee rule.

Interesting. By "cheap" I just meant that at £6 for the pair delivered they would probably disappoint. The Bosch ones I mentioned can be bought for under £20 for the pair, delivered. They have an offering in the right size - I'll give them a try next time I need them.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/26-18-Aer...t-Wiper-Blades-Upgrade-Pair-Car-/320817427932

Just looked up these Bosch part numbers and they are "flat blade" type not OE type. They probably work fine but they are visually very different looking.
Call me obsessive compulsive if you like, I just like things to look "as they should"!

Each to their own :)

I generally prefer originality too, but in this case the manufacturer specified old tech wipers. I think flat blades look and work better, plus they're easily reverted in 5 mins, should the need arise!

Jkulin

These ones aren't listed for my 2010 QP 4.2 but they are listed for the 2011 GT

Jkulin

The ones from the states arrived but I couldn't work out a way to fit, so ended up getting a dealer supplied version at £119!

The ones from the states I'll keep and have a tat around for the future.

rd993

I just fitted the Bosch SP26S on the driver side of my 2011 QPV. Managed to make it fit and "click" in place too. There is a bit of a knack to it as the OEM connector used is thicker than the bosch connector and is actually completely different in design. I have ordered the SP17 (for the passenger side) but hasn't been delivered yet.

Hard to describe how I did it without demonstrating but you have to remove the old wiper and the OEM connector, disconnect the bosch connector from the bosch wiper, insert the bosch connector into the wiper arm "hoop" half way, clip on the bosch wiper to the bosch connector, then push the bosch connector fully into the wiper arm making sure the wiper arm hoop goes through a gap in the connector.

Very happy with the wipe and the huge saving against OEM. Also the bosch blade has the "spoiler" so similar to OEM.