Windscreen wipers

rd993

Ok here we go:

1. Remove the old wiper and the OEM connector. It will look like this - I will call this the wiper arm "hoop":

IMG_6205.jpg

2. Then disconnect the bosch connector from the bosch wiper - I have put it next to the wiper arm hoop in this photo:

IMG_1095.jpg

3. Then insert the bosch connector into the wiper arm "hoop" half way - see picture below:

IMG_4863.jpg

Please note that if you insert it any further into the hoop the bottom part of the hoop will prevent you attaching the bosch wiper to the bosch connector.

4. Then clip on the bosch wiper to the bosch connector - see photo below:

IMG_6542.jpg

5. Then push the bosch connector fully into the wiper arm making sure the wiper arm hoop goes through a gap in the connector and you will hear a click:

IMG_1174.jpg

Hope this helps! Also hope the photos attached correctly...

rd993

No probs. Imagine it is the same with the GT. Ought to say that the passenger side wiper arrived. I’d ordered the SP17 but think it is slightly small. Now ordered the SP18 for the princely sum of £3.43 and suspect that is the right fitment.

MarkMas

Chief pedant
It is rather scary that Amazon seems to know that I used to have a Jaguar X-Type. I suppose I must have put it in when searching for a part sometime:

sp26S 2.jpg

But it seems to have an opinion on what will fit a QP, now I have put my REG in:

wiper 2.jpg

MGT

Denso hybrids are an excellent upgrade from OEM, and still look in style with the car (instead of the marmite flat wipers)

MGT

jemgee

Was helped by a friendly local mechanic to put the new blades on. No problem with the 18" blade but we needed to notch out the side of the overclip so it would close over the wider mount on the 26". The other thing was the tip of the new blade is deeper than the original blades and will not pass under the shoulder of the wiper arm. Not a prolem as long as the tip is on the trailing side of the arm.

The performance of the blades is great

CatmanV2

Just replaced mine again.

Conformed that Boch SP29 and 19 fit just fine. Fitting the 26 requires some jiggling, but takes about 1 minute:
Remove black plastic insert from wiper
Slip insert half way on to wiper arm hook
Clip wiper onto clip and arm
Slide insert *fully* home onto hook

Job done

£30 the pair from Halfords

C

conaero

Forum Owner
Just replaced mine again.

Conformed that Boch SP29 and 19 fit just fine. Fitting the 26 requires some jiggling, but takes about 1 minute:
Remove black plastic insert from wiper
Slip insert half way on to wiper arm hook
Clip wiper onto clip and arm
Slide insert *fully* home onto hook

Job done

£30 the pair from Halfords

C
29 or 26” Kitty????

Also others have quoted 18” for the shorter one????

Last edited:

CatmanV2

26, sorry. 19 fits just fine. I think the one on mine when I bought it was 19 so I replaced with 19.

C

CatmanV2

I looked earlier and the 19 comes nowhere near my 26" (oooerr) . Couldn't get much longer as it sits across the corner of the screen and it's very nearly touching the rubber at both ends.

C