6 weeks for a courtesy car

P R

That's at JCT600 in Leeds, similar for Bowker in Lancashire. They say its due to the recalls, one of which includes 3 day drying for some rubber stoppers on front suspension.

In that time I will be way over my service limit, so have contacted Maserati UK to see if they can do anything... dealer is 140 mile round trip away..

Not great service so far!

P R

I've paid for the 3 first services already in the service pack. If they cant provide me with a car I will have to book it in for service while I wait then again for the fixes. What a chore

bigbob

That's at JCT600 in Leeds, similar for Bowker in Lancashire. They say its due to the recalls, one of which includes 3 day drying for some rubber stoppers on front suspension.

In that time I will be way over my service limit, so have contacted Maserati UK to see if they can do anything... dealer is 140 mile round trip away..

Not great service so far!

Under your 3 year warranty your car has lorry recovery and courtesy car - Europcar C Class Merc IIRC - so you need to ring up Maserat Assistance and tell them about the knocking noise you are hearing from the front and the strange steering behaviour it is causing. You will be in a C Class or equivalent within 24 hours.

Whilst you car is in for the faults you are as well having the recall work and service carried out.

outrun

Yup, I agree with Bob. Mine was recovered and I was supplied with a 335d cabrio. Also try Graypaul Edinburgh, they tend to be pretty good and will likely meet you at the borders and switch over to a loan car etc. Not that big of a deal to get it done faster.

P R

I've booked it in for the 37k mile service and 2 safety recall issues. The 3 day one is a "service" issue and can be done later.. so I will wait while they do the service and re book it for when they have a car for me. Its not great though is it...!

ChrisQP09

When I booked my Maser in for warranty work at MD in Belfast, I got a freelander and Peug lol

bigbob

I've booked it in for the 37k mile service and 2 safety recall issues. The 3 day one is a "service" issue and can be done later.. so I will wait while they do the service and re book it for when they have a car for me. Its not great though is it...!

So you did not use Maserati Assist?

P R

The service and 2 of the 3 campaigns were complete. Garage were good, even replaced my drivers mat!
Needs new pads on the front, which are about £440 fitted!
They also said the rear tyres were wrong for the car, "should be QP and are infact GT tyres" whatever that means! I bought them from mytyres and are the correct size and are strengthened sidewalls so god knows!?

bigbob

The service and 2 of the 3 campaigns were complete. Garage were good, even replaced my drivers mat!
Needs new pads on the front, which are about £440 fitted!
They also said the rear tyres were wrong for the car, "should be QP and are infact GT tyres" whatever that means! I bought them from mytyres and are the correct size and are strengthened sidewalls so god knows!?
Pirelli or Continental?

bigbob

I've swapped out to Contis due to poor low temp grip from the Pirellis and the fact there are about five different compounds for each size! Easy mistake to make.

keith

I just used Joe Macari, and whilst I appreciate not much use to you as their in London, but did first year service, pedal and rear tie rod recall for me last Saturday morning. They also provided a courtesy car.
Compared to their other London rivals, who wouldn't consider even doing the work on a Saturday, let alone with a loan car.

P R

I wonder if the pedal work included a new drivers mat? And here was me thinking it was just good customer service lol

CJC

Speaking of courtesy cars....
Mine went in for the suspension recall yesterday morning, it was due for collection later today. Half an hour after dropping off the car they called me and said there was another recall item and did I want them to do it at the same time? It would mean me having to keep the courtesy car until Tuesday evening. I said go ahead. They seem to have a very flexible booking system for their courtesy car which by the way is a Ghibli S!!!!!! It only had 200 miles on it when I picked it up, by the time I got home last night I had covered nearly 400 miles.

P R

My dealer has x4 BMW 420d as courtesy cars... Do the job but not exactly inspiring!