GT buying guide on PH

Doohickey

Velociraptor
And remarkably positive. Interesting the suggestion that most variator issues should have been dealt with.

rockits

You bored of that GTS already Phil? Surely not selling so soon...where do you go from there?

rockits

Ah....I see...fair enough. No 3200 left in your garage. Won't that be strange? You buying another 3200?

Contigo

Sponsor
Ah....I see...fair enough. No 3200 left in your garage. Won't that be strange? You buying another 3200?

It's not getting used and I don't see the point in having it sit there as a garage queen. Got 6 cars and I need to move a few on and replace with others that I haven't already had. A 3200 will almost certainly be available again as a project at some point!

m1980k

I've been trying to defend the honour of the GT in the PH comments. I know there are lists of engine numbers affected by the variator issue, but can someone tell me the approximate time period? And am I right in thinking early QPs weren't affected, but GTs were right from the start?

I've been trying to defend the honour of the GT in the PH comments. I know there are lists of engine numbers affected by the variator issue, but can someone tell me the approximate time period? And am I right in thinking early QPs weren't affected, but GTs were right from the start?

ENGINE number needs to be higher than 148697 to avoid Variator issues (on a QP at least)
Mine is a 2007 QP and had the variators changed out at about 45000 miles which seems pretty consistent with other posters on here