Aaaiittchhh Pipe

Ewan

Finally decided that the MC-V should make more noise. So after hardly any persuasion from Phil at all, I'm off to Newbury next Tuesday to have an H pipe fabricated and fitted. Hopefully it'll make it a bit more like this :firing7:. Will attempt to take "before and after" videos.

leeq61

I'm thinking of doing the same Ewan to my GS, it's loud and throaty as it is but I want more noise :) . Will be interested to see and hear your results.

m1980k

I'm not convinced that the H pipe made a significant difference to my exhaust volume. With the window down, it doesn't seem much louder. But by replacing the resonator beneath the cabin, a bit more noise gets in when the windows are up. I'd say it's a cheap upgrade that does make a small difference.

Feel like I really need to replace the 2 pairs of standard cats with something freer flowing, but that's a bit more expensive than an H pipe!

GeoffCapes

I'm not convinced that the H pipe made a significant difference to my exhaust volume. With the window down, it doesn't seem much louder. But by replacing the resonator beneath the cabin, a bit more noise gets in when the windows are up. I'd say it's a cheap upgrade that does make a small difference.

Feel like I really need to replace the 2 pairs of standard cats with something freer flowing, but that's a bit more expensive than an H pipe!

My cat replacement for 2 200 cell sports cats cost about £600

Ewan

I expect it'll be enough for me. But of course, I can always go back and have a bit more removed and replaced with hollow pipe.

Yeti

Was very disappointed with the noise from the H pipe alone. Thinking I need to dump the from cats, fit 200 cell race cats instead of the current round set and possibly replace the rear silencer as well

Contigo

Sponsor
Was very disappointed with the noise from the H pipe alone. Thinking I need to dump the from cats, fit 200 cell race cats instead of the current round set and possibly replace the rear silencer as well

I assume you are talking the 4200?

m1980k

I'm slightly revising my opinion of the H pipe having got my car back and driven it again. I think it does make a pretty big difference, with a bit more growl and quite a lot more noise coming into the cabin. A must for the GS for only £200 quid. And the exhaust remains quiet when not in sport mode.

Might not have as much impact on a 4200 with standard exhaust though.

BenjaminBraddock

My 4200 is currently with Larini H-pipe and factory rears (secondary cats also removed) - the difference over stock is noticeable in the growl and more bass but it isn't noisy.

The factory rears suppress the sound massively compared to when I had Larini rears and H-pipe combo - huge difference and it now doesn't get the attention as I approach that it used to - in summary if it's noise you are after then need to have the rears changed to get the most noise out if the H-pipe.

Yorkshire-Trident

I have found it usually takes a bit of time for the exhaust mods to take effect. When I got the x-pipe I didn't think it made much difference, but after a few hundred miles it had certainly changed the note. Then when I fitted the Larini's it was the same. A bit different, but not 2k better. Then after another couple of hundred miles they had completely changed the sound.

Contigo

Sponsor
So come on Ewan, how was the drive home. Happy or want us to remove the secondaries? :D

Contigo

Sponsor
I could tell that you wanted a little bit more from it..... The mad thing is, the same mod on a GTS add so much more to the mix but with the double cats and extra silencing despite valves boxes means the GS with an X or H pipe doesn't add a massive amount. What you need is a proper 4.7 lump :D