Loudest exhaust?

drewf

Extract from Brands Hatch T&Cs:

"The initial test is a static test which is carried out using a handheld meter. Each car is measured 0.5 meters away from the exhaust at a 45 degree angle when the engine is being held at ¾ of the maximum RPM."

When you're at full chat, you'll be well above 105db!

Nah - possibly you might just make 108dB, if it's 105dB at 3/4 max rpm; it's not a linear scale. 110 is the typical pain threshold for most people - none of the cars will be anywhere near 120.

Morebeans

I was stood behind Phil's aiiitttccchhh pipe in Bournemouth, at the Wheels Festival - believe me, it was painful!! I thought it had burst my left ear drum!
At Wilton House, the year before last, several cars breached 120db (including a modified GTS) in the "rev off" and two went beyond 125db. We'll put it to the test next weekend to see who's King of the ASBOs - let's see.

spkennyuk

I've managed to secure a sound level meter which I'll bring to Brunty next week - so who's got the loudest exhaust?? That's car exhaust, before any one asks!

MAF in his yellow monster
Benny's ASBO exhaust
Phil's Aiiiitttcccchhh pipe
FC's x-pipe
Stuart's sports cats and x-pipe
Matt's near straight through GS
Spart's lilac love machine

Another contender???

Mine is probably in the top 8 or so I suspect.
H pipe and Tubi rears.

Its around the same level as sparts. Not into benny and maf territory.

RSM Masser

This sounds like fun
I'll be at Brands - even with turbos a 3200 on straight throughs is pretty loud.
Having said that is MOT time before Brands!

Spartacus

Mine will probably have the X pipe back on by then . Then again it may not ...i am still deciding :f2:

GeoffCapes

As I'll be getting drunk in Gran Canaria on my Stag Do when you're at Brunty, you'll have to record the results so I can compare at Brands.

drewf

I was stood behind Phil's aiiitttccchhh pipe in Bournemouth, at the Wheels Festival - believe me, it was painful!! I thought it had burst my left ear drum!
At Wilton House, the year before last, several cars breached 120db (including a modified GTS) in the "rev off" and two went beyond 125db. We'll put it to the test next weekend to see who's King of the ASBOs - let's see.

Was Phil talking at the same time? I've hoped my ear drums would burst before now! ;)

Two awesome racecars at Donington today failed the driveby and were directly measured. Neither beat 110 static (still too loud for the day), and both were earbleedingly louder than any of the Maser road cars. I followed one on the track, and it was properly painful in my helmet. I've heard MAFs car frequently. I suspect the Wilton House competition might not be true and fair, for the purposes of bragging rights and entertainment.