New 4200 owner

MikeyB

New 4200 owner - update

Brief update having now had the car for 4 months. There have been several items that have required attention, which have all been wear and tear rather than mechanical breakdown. There is one more job that will need to be done soon, which is a new catalytic converter, and hopefully that will be it for a while.

I do enjoy driving the car, and as i have ready many times on this forum it more than makes up for the running costs. I am looking forward Christmas day morning (as long as there is no snow) when i have a drive of almost 200 miles.

Mike

Hi All
I picked up my 2005 GT today. The car is red and has done 65k, and it is my first Maserati after wanting one for a long time.

My name is Mike and, and I live near Southampton. I hope to be able to attend some events soon.

Last edited:

Andyk

Hi Mike and a big warm welcome....Love the 4200 in red....Just looks stunning. Good choice.

nfm

Welcome Mike, if the how many left stats are are right there are only about 25 2005 GTs so a rare enough beast. Enjoy, highly recommended - even after 7 years every trip is still special.

rockits

Really....only 25? How many 2007 4200's I wonder. How many 4200/GS hybrids I wonder. I'll stop wondering now.....going dizzy! Another bottle of beer needed then to settle me back down ;)

nfm

Rockits, if you are talking cc then looks like 17. All I do is compare q4 data for 2006 and 2007 which suggests how many sold in uk. Not very scientific. Cc much more common of course :)

rockits

Good to know. Quite amazing how many few they sold at this point. I should image the new GT's from 2007 are in much much larger numbers.

spkennyuk

There is a thread on here about the numbers registered for 4200s. IIRC 2007 there were 15, 2008 there were 3 and there is at least 1 registered in 2009 although that doesnt show up on the how many left data.

Vampyrebat

Hi MikeyB
Your car looks fantastic, I saw it advertised at Nights Garage and was really tempted to ring and ask if he would be interested in swapping. I love it in red and the interior is so funky and different as well as the mirror finish to the alloys (also with it being a rare manual to boot)!!
Well done and congratulations on your purchase. I hope to see you at one of the events...............Enjoy!!

bigbob

Hi MikeyB
Your car looks fantastic, I saw it advertised at Nights Garage and was really tempted to ring and ask if he would be interested in swapping. I love it in red and the interior is so funky and different as well as the mirror finish to the alloys (also with it being a rare manual to boot)!!
Well done and congratulations on your purchase. I hope to see you at one of the events...............Enjoy!!

Now found the advert - that's my old car! Loved the interior.

I never had any problem with the gearshift despite what people tell you about the manual.

So that's the car gone back to where it started as it was originally a showroom car for Meridien Modena, hence the rather unique spec.

Spartacus

Hi Mike , Im just up the road in Whiteley . Good purchase . Now you need to make it louder ;)
If you need any advice on parts and servicing in the area just ask. Could save you alot of money .

Last edited:

Vampyrebat

Hi Bigbob

I spoke to your daughter when I first saw the advert on Gumtree (I think) the picture showed it rear view parked next to a red Ferrari, but I was too late!! Your GranTorismo looks great!!
I sometimes have trouble engaging 2nd gear, The mechanic who looks after my car cut his teeth on 42's and said it was a very quick fix with the turn of a screw. He has tried to fix this twice now but still having the same trouble!!!

bigbob

Hi. I did own it but sold it a while ago.

It was a great car to me but I fancied an auto for a change and still have the GranTurismo.

Don't know if someone has replaced the grill but I straightened it out after I got a pheasant stuck in it!

Vampyrebat

I hope you didn't waist it and had it for Sunday Lunch!! I noticed it now has a GranSport mesh grill............Compliments it well

Stu