ASR warning light on 2012 GC

sionie1

I'm in a meeting today and see 5 missed calls from the good lady and 4 texts, the last showing this error message. I've Googled the issue, but there seem to be a fair few responses and varying levels of concern. Has anyone had this and what was the fix? She turned off the engine and waited 5 mins which does appear to have cleared it. Italian electrics? To be fair as I'm away she attempted to problem search, but got as far as 'switch off engine, wait, restart,' and away she goes. Some people have linked it to the tyre pressure sensors, which I'm informed are showing showing Amber but pressure is ok - looks like I'll need to reset them when I get home tomorrow night.
image.jpg

Contigo

Sponsor
Were you driving along Deansgate on Saturday in your GC perchance?

Have you checked the battery or charged it recently? I've heard of similar issues with low battery etc.... It's worth a punt, the GT's like most tridents need a good charge.

StuartW

Have you had any other small electrical issues that could be related to a tiring, original battery? Does the car get used much, or is it left standing for a period of time?
It may need a full battery charge and reset. They are susceptible to throwing up low voltage fault codes
Alternatively, it could be a sensor

sionie1

Were you driving along Deansgate on Saturday in your GC perchance?

Have you checked the battery or charged it recently? I've heard of similar issues with low battery etc.... It's worth a punt, the GT's like most tridents need a good charge.

Nope wasn't me, I was driving around Chester.

I'll place it on charge tomorrow then and see. thanks chaps.

sionie1

Have you had any other small electrical issues that could be related to a tiring, original battery? Does the car get used much, or is it left standing for a period of time?
It may need a full battery charge and reset. They are susceptible to throwing up low voltage fault codes
Alternatively, it could be a sensor
Thanks. I must admit I haven't topped the battery up, despite having found the charger from the previous owner. One of those jobs that I kept putting off.

Wack61

if it's 4 years old for under £150 i'd just replace it, your charging system will be working OK so if it's low it'll be a dead cell

sionie1

if it's 4 years old for under £150 i'd just replace it, your charging system will be working OK so if it's low it'll be a dead cell

Fair point. I'll add it to my list of jobs for over the weekend. I assume my local chappie can do easily enough, that there aren't any 'special Maserati only' tools involved?

outrun

This happened to my Stradale a few times, along with a message "Gear selection unavailable". Both cured by a new battery. Mine was the original from 2011 and as the car had only done 5,000 miles or so, I think it was just short journeys and periods without use that killed it. £350 smackers from a main dealer but you can use a Bosch s5, be sure to get the right one. It's massive and the car requires the amps.