zagatoes30

The Spyder & Karif are much shorter? They use the shorter 2400mm wheelbase and hence Sills won't fit as he Coupe is either 2514mm or 2600mm I think

chad5k1

I had tubular manifolds made of inconel on my Integrale. They were designed by the guy that was designing the Jaguar f1 team manifolds at the time. It was great, but cost a fortune and still cracked, albeit about 8 years and 40k later.

zagatoes30

Integrale & Alfa 155 Q4 manifolds are renowned for cracking, we are currently discussing with Walkers on options for my rebuilt Q4 as we speak.

philw696

Never a fun job getting the dash out especially on the new ones.
Had to change a few with trim issues under warranty and what a delicate job that is.
Keep up the Good work on yours.

dickyb

Great work Haydn.

As I'm sure you've seen the castings on the intake and exhaust sides of these engines is far from perfect, if you can smooth things out a little and remove some of the flash and casting marks it will really help airflow. I'm sure you're aware that you need to be careful not to make the intake side of things too smooth, you need to retain some level of turbulence within the intake for efficient combustion, if its too smooth you'll actually lose power. The exhaust side of things needs to be as smooth as possible to allow gases to escape quickly. Its a really labour intensive process but worth having a go at yourself as its very expensive to have done professionally.

This guy in Malta is restoring a Biturbo Spyder (2.8 18v) and his videos are very interesting (if you like Biturbos:)), this particular video might be of some use for the port grinding process, it mainly concentrates on the exhuast side of things but he does cover the intake manifold somewhere:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PI4sjez3c28

chad5k1

hours of viewing there, could get lost - but a great project to have the time and tools to do

chad5k1

I'm afraid I don't know, but I know that Myles at Emblem would, or one of the guys at Bill McGrath too

spacecadet

Here is some data from an earlier manual. AM477 specifically isn't listed unfortunately but seems like the valve clearances are close on all these engines.

Untitled.jpg

Screen Shot 2017-05-02 at 11.26.35.jpg

chad5k1

I suspect the latter - it would be an easy thing for a garage to decide not to do - or even not realise they have to do - as part of the maser service schedule

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Coming along nicely. One point; shouldn't the laqueur on the wood trim be gloss, not matt?

MrMickS

With all the emphasis these days on almost fanatically clean workshop areas its great to see work being done outside on the grass :D

It reminds me of when I had the Willys MB and used to just drop the gearbox on the alleyway at the side of the house. If it was good enough for the GIs it was good enough for me.

Things do look to be coming on. It'll be great to see if finished.

philw696

Good work and all looking nice.
Back in the 80's my driveway earned me a fortune repairing damaged cars and selling them on.
The Fun Police won't tolerate it anymore now.

Wally

I have the data for valvetiming , but you still need the dials and skills to carry this out. These engines are very sensitive when it comes to incorrect timing.: lack of power is the result. Apart from that: your doing a great job!

Ebenezer

I recall a Wheeler Dealer episode where Ed get's in an expert to tune the engine of a lambourgini Urraco rather than do it himself...
Eb