Ghibli open cup for auction

del mar

Evening,

Can't post link from phone.

Gooding And co sale at pebble beach this weekend. Guide $60 -70,000, after taxes and import duties you can call the price the same in gbp.

If I lived there I would bid for it, but buying 20 year old car blind is a bit much for me.

Del

Ewan

Looks good value to me. A standard Cup in top condition is around £40k now, and this is the Open Cup that won the series and has been in storage ever since, with just one owner. This would be a brilliant track day toy and collectors piece all rolled in to one, and as a very rare piece of Maserati racing history, has to be worth more than the suggested £60k. I'd pay that and more. But having been on the Gooding site, apparently you need to register with them at least 3 days in advance of the auction.

I've been waiting for years for an Open Cup to come up for sale, and when one finally does, I miss it! Why couldn't you have posted this up a week ago?!

Jkulin

Assuming vehicle is located near SF then Shipping & Tax costs would be approx. :-

Based on a Purchase price of $70K

10% Duty £5812
20% VAT £12786
Duty is calculated at the cost of the vehicle + the Ocean Freight + Collection Charge + Fees + Insurance, then multiplied by the rate.
VAT is calculated by adding the above total figure plus the amount duty, then multiplying by the relevant rate of VAT.

UK THC £370
Ocean Freight from Long Beach £1305
Collection Charge assuming from around the SF area £554
Document Fee £25
Full Risk Marine Insurance £1176

We can put you in touch with an inspection company that can check it out.

Hope that Helps?

Jkulin

If by chance you can demonstrate that this is a very rare car with maybe only 2 or 3 in existence then we could make an application for a BTI (Binding Tariff) which would allow you to import at 0% Duty and 5% VAT

Ewan

My best guess would be that there are now about 10 of these race cars still in existence, from an original build run of maybe 20 (from memory). Would that qualify it as exempt? Does it help that it's a race car and not road legal? Looks like a significant saving could be had if it could be declared BTI.

But it's all academic given that I would appear to be too late to register to bid. Unless anyone knows someone already registered with Goodings who could bid on my behalf!?

Jkulin

Hi Ewan, it takes about 6-8 weeks to get a BTI approval, you would need to provide documented proof of the production run and how many are left in existence and would then have to provide provenance with regards to the racing heritage, we could then make the application but it is a gamble that you would have to take.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
Wow! Either something massively wrong with it or someone's got an absolute bargain!

del mar

There were many lots that did not hit the estimate, but at $27,500 that was a stunning result for somebody - feel a bit ****ed off I didn't make more of an effort.

That said being an auction the buyer could have been desperate and all it needs is another keen individual and the price quickly rockets up.

del mar

there is a thread on Ferrarichat - it has gone to Austria.

So expected it to be serviced and appear for what €100,000 ?

Ewan

€100,000 sounds about right on mainland Europe.

But currently it sets the bar for these rare beasts at a very low level. I wouldn't be happy if I were Meridien Modena, as they own one of the others.

MrMickS

The three days to register to bid will have hurt the price. It was a real bargain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ferrari 308 Vetro

Hello guys, I am new here. Interesting discussion. I bought the Ghibli in Monterey.
Think this was the total wront place for the car, no one knowes what it was, or is. The history is good, car need some mechanic love (ist running, no Problem) and I will Import it back to europe. The good Thing is that ist a race car so I can Import it for only 10%.

It would be great if someone hase Infos about the Cup and period Pictures, Special also from this car.

Normaly I am more in the Ferrari Challenge and GT Cars for the 90is and early 2000s, if you like them also, please visit http://www.fchgt.com

As writen bevor, here is the thread for the car from the ferrarichat Forum: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/maserati/528040-1995-maserati-ghibli-open-cup-gooding-monterey.html

Greetings from Vienna ;-)

image.jpgimfffage.jpg

Contigo

Sponsor
Happy for you mate but gutted that I missed it too as that is a special car and you stole it!

Keep us updated with the car and hope you track it and enter some races.