Wilton House Breakfast meet

Phil H

Bump:

This Sunday

28th August 2016

Theme: The Comfy Choice

Grande Routier and Luxury Cars are the focus for this coming Sunday's Wilton Wake-Up. It's a bit of a departure from the WCS supercar norm, but what we are hoping to see is a great collection of long-legged luxurious cars, with lovely interiors and the space to travel in style. From Rover to Rolls-Royce, Hispano J12 to Jaguar XJ12, it's about the romance of the road. Of course, many a great GT qualifies perfectly, too. Besides, from Granada Ghia Coupe to Continental GT Coupe, quality and comfort come in many forms. It's about craftmanship rather than showmanship; quiet rather than ultimate noise.

So why not enjoy an early Sunday morning drive in the beautiful British sunshine to find your Full English breakfast here at Wilton? Spectators are invited to come and enjoy the cars on display too, with free entry for all. However, please be aware that neither the gates nor the cafe open before 8am.

The House and grounds will be open after this month's Wake-Up, so do feel free to stay-on and enjoy the fabulous surroundings. Please see www.wiltonhouse.co.uk/opening-times for further details and ticket prices. (Cars must also be moved to the public car park by 11am when the Wake-Up concludes).

See you on Sunday!!

The WCS Team

Information

Times
Gates and Cafe Open: 08:00hrs
Last Entry: 10:30hrs
Cars must exit before: 11:00hrs

Pricing
Free for car owners and public

Contacts
E-mail: wcs@wiltonhouse.com
Phone: 01722 746717
Address: Wilton House, Wilton, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP2 0BJ

Website
www.wiltonclassicsupercar.co.uk

Coming Up Next

Sunday 25 September (House and Grounds Closed)
Theme: X-Box and Supertouring!
Eligibility: Performance saloons & coupes

Charity - Track Day Invitation

The Earl of Pembroke is President of the local charity, Salisbury District Hospital Stars Appeal, which raises money to secure extra care and equipment for patients and their families over and above that which is provided by the NHS.

Their next fundraising event is a Private Charity Track Day at Castle Coombe on Tuesday September 20th. Click here for details to join: http://quayasset.com/quay-track-days

Ewan

If it's dry, I may drag out the 400 for an early blast to Wilton. Let's see what the weather brings.

Ewan

I'm a definite. Just washed the Ferrari and will aim to be there for 8. Just hope people are gentle with their opinions, as it's still in original un-restored state.

See you there Ebenezer. Look out for a dark blue 400i with a bloke wearing a Maserati cap.

Ewan

Just checked the forecast Phil. Rain from 9 till 1. So that'll be a no show from me then.

Phil H

As expected the weather put a damper on attendance, but there was still a good mix of cars along with the usual contingent of Porsches:

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

10.jpg

PH

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 7

Phil H

The porkers have a habit of arriving en masse, hence their lineup.

I'm sure we could do just as well if we put our minds to it - couldn't we?

PH

Phil H

I'm sure we can, shall I take the forum flag?

As it's the Earl of Pembroke's private garden I'm not sure how receptive he'd be, and it could set a precedent for others to follow next year. You could always bring it along and ask the nice young lady who organises it.

Maybe meet up at Solstice?

PH

Phil H

I'll be there:

Sunday 25 September (House and Grounds Closed)
Eligibility: Performance saloons & coupes

Times
Cafe and Gate open : 08:00hrs
Last entry : 10:30hrs
Cars must exit before 11:00hrs

PH

Phil H

From Wilton's email received tonight:

This Sunday

25th September 2016

Sunday sees our final Wake-up of the year. As autumn approaches saloons and performance coupes are the focus. X-Box was founded in 2001 but featured earlier high performance cars so we are welcoming all treasures from 1990 onwards that fit the theme, plus earlier supersaloons and uber-coupes. Reflecting Lord Pembroke’s not-so-secret passion for Japanese high performance cars, Nissan Skylines and GTRs sum-up the vibe perfectly, as do anything from our favourite years of Touring car racing and DTM. From Alfa 155 Sport-packs to Cologne Capris and Opel Commodore GS/Es, this is a populist theme!

As usual all enthusiasts, whether exhibiting or spectating, are invited to come and enjoy the morning. Please be aware that neither the gates nor the cafe open before 8am and all must be vacated before 11am.

Please note that The House and grounds will be closed after this month's Wake-Up. Opening times for next spring can be found at www.wiltonhouse.co.uk/opening-times

See you on Sunday for a great breakfast!!

The WCS Team

Information

Times
Gates and Cafe Open: 08:00hrs
Last Entry: 10:30hrs
Cars must exit before: 11:00hrs

Pricing
Free for car owners and public

Contacts
E-mail: wcs@wiltonhouse.com
Phone: 01722 746717
Address: Wilton House, Wilton, Salisbury, Wiltshire, SP2 0BJ