Dino Prototype for sale - pennies, surely?

drewf

Given the values of production vehicles, any guesses on how much this will go for next year?

I'd like the drawing on the garage wall...

The actual car isn't as pretty as a Dino though, has some very clunky lines in places.

GeoffCapes

It looks better than some of the Dino kit cars I've seen.

And they're going for a fortune.

Based on the fact that it's a prototype. €2.5million.

drewf

What did you think to the Dino kit car at Brands? The one with the dive planes on the nose, and the V8 from a 308 in the engine bay? Possibly the best replica Dino I've ever seen. Parked right next to a genuine car, it was only a few tiny details like the bonnet vents which were the wrong size which called it out as being a 'fake'.

GeoffCapes

What did you think to the Dino kit car at Brands? The one with the dive planes on the nose, and the V8 from a 308 in the engine bay? Possibly the best replica Dino I've ever seen. Parked right next to a genuine car, it was only a few tiny details like the bonnet vents which were the wrong size which called it out as being a 'fake'.

I didn't look closely to be honest. Thought it was a real one. :study:

Wack61

I don't think it looks that bad but it's hard to tell from that picture

when I was 16 my first job was in a body shop, the owner had a dino, sold it soon after for not much money, well not much money now, I was on 70p an hour so it must have been a fortune then

GeoffCapes

I don't think it looks that bad but it's hard to tell from that picture

when I was 16 my first job was in a body shop, the owner had a dino, sold it soon after for not much money, well not much money now, I was on 70p an hour so it must have been a fortune then

When you see it in person (if you're really unlucky), it's too high, not wide enough,and not long enough.
The proportions are awful.

Almichie

I much prefer the prototype to the production dino, in fact I would go as far to say that I really don't like the Dino at all.. Rightly or wrongly... I just don't get them, they are pig ugly!

I do however really like that fiat spider, fantastic lines!

rockits

Gees she is not a looker is she! The front is minging.

I like the original Dino myself & looked at a kit Dino years ago. Had a race tuned 3.1 litre Ford V6 Essex with Audi Quattro box. It was badly built though and I walked away. Every gap above tyre to bottom of arch was different on each comer!

allandwf

Gees she is not a looker is she! The front is minging.

I like the original Dino myself & looked at a kit Dino years ago. Had a race tuned 3.1 litre Ford V6 Essex with Audi Quattro box. It was badly built though and I walked away. Every gap above tyre to bottom of arch was different on each comer!
Weren't the originals like that too? Different from side to side. ;)

zagatoes30

Not the best looking Ferrari but as a rare prototype it will make silly money. I remember the 365P being up for auction a couple of years back with a $20m estimate, not sure what it sold for

1966-ferrari-365-p-berlinetta-speciale-auction-001-1.jpg