Hi all! Newbie here!

bryanchng

Hi all, I'm looking to break into the maserati brand by getting my first maserati, considering either a granturismo S or an MC stradale as a daily driver. Any owners here can enlighten me on the reliability issues of these cars? Fuel consumption would not really be an issue as my current daily is a C63 AMG.

Andyk

A big warm welcome to the forum ... what a great decision you have....I have not owned either but have driven both.....The Stradale is the one but not sure I know of anyone that uses one everyday but that is not to say you can't.....They are a very specail car indeed....Are you thinking of the 4 seater stradale or the early 2 seater......The C63 is one rapid car and I think you will find a Stradale suits your needs.....Both are very special though. Look forward to hearing how you get on but drive both and see what you think.

safrane

Welcome to the forum.

What a lovely position to be in. Both cars are stunning but the Strad' that extra bit special.

I have heard of minor niggles on the GTS but nothing mechanical on either. ..but owners will, I'm sure, enlightened you.

Ewan

Not sure I'd want to use a Strad as a daily, but I suppose it depends on what your daily commute consists of. The S would be the more usual choice. Both are lovely though, and neither have particular maintenance worries or costs to bother you. I don't see either as being any more expensive to run than other comparable exotic, powerful cars.

bryanchng

Thanks for the response guys! Definitely opting for the strad as well, Its just that much more special. Currently now living in Los Angeles thus looking to upgrade to something a tad more exotic from my C63. Was considering trading in my current daily for maybe a 2013 MC stradale. The car would be used as a daily vehicle from grocery shopping to maybe longer distance commutes to places as my line of work gives me unpredictable work locations at times.

bigbob

Welcome, you can't buy a Stradale in the US or a GTS unless you find a 2009 which was the only year they imported them. You can get a variety of auto 4.7 GranTurismos in the US. They are great cars - I've got one and love it - but quite a bit different to drive.

PS You can get a GranTurismo MC which I would buy if they only sold it in the UK.

bryanchng

Thanks bigbob for the info, yea i was doing some research and was wondering why the MCs here were called granturismo MC and not MC stradale. But all in all the looks are almost the same and sounds incredible. Haven't really test driven a maserati yet except for my mate's ghibli which was very comfortable. Not sure if the granturismo MC would share that kind of ride quality.

spkennyuk

Hi all, I'm looking to break into the maserati brand by getting my first maserati, considering either a granturismo S or an MC stradale as a daily driver. Any owners here can enlighten me on the reliability issues of these cars? Fuel consumption would not really be an issue as my current daily is a C63 AMG.

Nice choices to have. Welcome along and enjoy the search for your new car.

VMSRTI

A big warm welcome to the forum ... what a great decision you have....I have not owned either but have driven both.....The Stradale is the one but not sure I know of anyone that uses one everyday but that is not to say you can't.....They are a very specail car indeed....Are you thinking of the 4 seater stradale or the early 2 seater......The C63 is one rapid car and I think you will find a Stradale suits your needs.....Both are very special though. Look forward to hearing how you get on but drive both and see what you think.

My cousin in law has been using a strad as an everyday car for close to 4 years. Understandably he loves it and not had any major issues.