P2187 Error Code

Silvercat

I have also just had an engine warning light come up on my 2009 QP 4.7. The engine is running really rough as if it's misfiring and I don't have a scooby what it is. I have just had a front wheel hub and ABS sensor replaced only 3 weeks ago and now this problem on the morning of its MOT. Not happy recognising that I live in the middle of Cumbria, miles away from any garage I can trust to check it out, so it's going to need to be a vehicle recovery job back to the nearest main dealer which is 60 miles away ! Any ideas what it might be without a code reader to confirm? I suspect it will be expensive whatever it is.

Wanderer

I have also just had an engine warning light come up on my 2009 QP 4.7. The engine is running really rough as if it's misfiring and I don't have a scooby what it is. I have just had a front wheel hub and ABS sensor replaced only 3 weeks ago and now this problem on the morning of its MOT. Not happy recognising that I live in the middle of Cumbria, miles away from any garage I can trust to check it out, so it's going to need to be a vehicle recovery job back to the nearest main dealer which is 60 miles away ! Any ideas what it might be without a code reader to confirm? I suspect it will be expensive whatever it is.

Ignition coil(s)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CatmanV2

Get a cheap OBDII reader from ebay. At least you'll have an indication of what the issue might be.

Wanderer has a good shout wit the coils, though

C

CatmanV2

Looks like about £50 a pop. There's not guarantee that that's the problem, it's just a good shout as they do tend to fail and cause misfires.

This is why you need the OBDII codes. That would help narrow it down

C

Swedish Paul

To update this thread, the mechanic found the breather pipe from behind the throttle body to the oil tank was split, and oil was finding its way back so changing the air flow meter too. Hopefully the end of the fuel trim issue.