Sportscars in the Park. Lotherton Hall, 25th Sept

Arfa

Just had a look at the website for this and noticed 7 Mazzers booked already. Are we attending "en masse" If so are we meeting at Wetherby Services again as per Newby?

MrMickS

I think we should meet en masse as before yes. Does Wetherby work for people or would Ferrybridge be better? Depends on whether people are coming north or south to get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doohickey

Velociraptor
I'm going but haven't booked yet.

Wetherby would be better for me - we could jump off at the A64 and have a bit of a run across country to get down there.

Wack61

It's a triangle for me to go up to wetherby then back down to Lotherton coming from the NW so if you were meeting at wetherby I'd need to meet you there on on the way, ferrybridge would be better for me

I cant even see a mention of it on the lotherton hall website, nothing on the front page, the events calandar goes 24th to 26th with nothing down for the 25th which is very poor

Doohickey

Velociraptor
It's a triangle for me to go up to wetherby then back down to Lotherton coming from the NW so if you were meeting at wetherby I'd need to meet you there on on the way, ferrybridge would be better for me

I cant even see a mention of it on the lotherton hall website, nothing on the front page, the events calandar goes 24th to 26th with nothing down for the 25th which is very poor

For some reason it never gets mentioned. I don't know if that's because it's not a council event but there's no publicity about it on site on the day either so if people park in the main car park they may not know there's anything going on.

Arfa

We could always meet at Wetherby Services first Dave and run down to the Old Selby Fork Hotel via the back roads to meet with the rest. From there we could head up the old A1 around Gargrave to Lotherton.

Doohickey

Velociraptor
We could always meet at Wetherby Services first Dave and run down to the Old Selby Fork Hotel via the back roads to meet with the rest. From there we could head up the old A1 around Gargrave to Lotherton.

Sounds like a plan.

drewf

That sounds like a good plan Arfa - Garforth rather than Gargrave perhaps... :)

Hope to make this if we are back from VSCC at a decent time the day before.

MrMickS

That sounds good to me. I grew up around there, for my sins.

Anyone know where the 'show field gate' is and whether it's better to approach from Garforth or Aberford. I would have thought the latter as you'll probably have a left turn rather than a right one. It'll be more fun driving around that way than via Garforth anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MrMickS

Having asked on the SCITP Facebook page the show field entrance is near the normal one. I still reckon approaching from the Aberford direction will put us on the right side of the road for the entrance.

I'll start a list of people attending here so we know who is expected:

1) MrMickS + 2

Doohickey

Velociraptor
I've also added the preferred meeting point on so we can work out who will be where. Mick - I'm not sure which suits you better.

1) MrMickS + 2
2) Arfa - Wetherby
3) Doohickey - Wetherby

drewf

I've also added the preferred meeting point on so we can work out who will be where. Mick - I'm not sure which suits you better.

1) MrMickS + 2
2) Arfa - Wetherby
3) Doohickey - Wetherby
4) DrewF & Susie - Selby Fork

MrMickS

If we are early enough leaving the house Wetherby is the more fun drive. I can skip most of the A64 and take the backroads to the race course and take a right. Many more smiles that way :D

1) MrMickS + 2 - Wetherby
2) Arfa - Wetherby
3) Doohickey - Wetherby

Last edited:

Arfa

I've put Drew back onto the list

2) Arfa - Wetherby
3) Doohickey - Wetherby

MrMickS

Less than two weeks away now. Any more takers?

2) Arfa - Wetherby
3) Doohickey - Wetherby

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MikeyMaser

Less than two weeks away now. Any more takers?

2) Arfa - Wetherby
3) Doohickey - Wetherby

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Possibly - depends on weather and family commitments

ChrisN

Ticket booked for the event

2) Arfa - Wetherby
3) Doohickey - Wetherby
5) ChrisN +1 - Selby Fork (need a time please)

Chris