Bianco Fuji GS back on sale

Moz1000

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Maserati-Gransport-V8-/152224836866?hash=item23714ead02:g:07sAAOSw3YNXZmPB

I was very interested in buying this car, but pulled out in the end. I paid a deposit after taking the car for a test drive and arranged for an inspection at Emblem. Of course, Emblem are very thorough, but the highlights were the need for a new a/c compressor (bearing shot with a risk of seizure - and this is a 5hrs labour charge on this model year), plus the need for a 31k mile service with 4th year items. You will see in the advert that the car has missed the annual services for the last 5 years, and yet has driven 6k miles. Plus there are no service records pre-2007.

The car is very nice and drives well. There are a few bits of paint that have been touched up and not very well, plus a couple of shallow depressions along the tops of the wings (not an issue for a dent man). The interior is nice and the colour would have suited my desire for 'something different'.

Oh - clutch wear is 71%..........

Anyway - the owner was unwilling to drop the asking price enough to contribute to the work Emblem quoted for, so I called it a day after an arduous 8-weeks since paying the deposit.

I won't publish the quoted costs here, but anyone wants to know send me a PM.

Dave

leeq61

I noticed this one before, i originally loved Bianco Fuji as it was the launch colour. Then i saw it in person and changed my mind.

It also looks like djmhall old car is back up for sale (I think) after selling last month. I remember it, as it originally belonged to Jamie Oliver, saviour of school children and a majority of the service life was at Emblem. It wasnt long for someone to have a car at all.

New Ebay Advert
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Maserati-...810514?hash=item2ef3aebc12:g:98gAAOSw5ClXxWeW

Old Forum Ad
http://www.sportsmaserati.com/showthread.php/21127-Thinking-of-selling-my-2003-4200-maybe

Contigo

Sponsor
That's gone up loads since it was on with the Slough dealer. Shame as it could have been a good bargain car for someone on here to take and get the work done cheaply.

Moz1000

It's not the Slough car Phil. Reg for this one is RX54VMO. Slough car was something different.
Dave

2b1ask1

Special case
The Slough one was a real shame and a dog of a car, not just missing services it was missing the boot lid lining, the boot release and button on the key were non-functioning, it was in a really sad way. Additionally had some significant issues with the clutch and throttle settings.

safrane

Do like that "Full Service History" 4 in 12 years....ha ha not really that full.

Dyer3200

So what happened to the Slough one ? I thought somebody on here had it inspected - was it around £25,995

safrane

The description of this one and history do seem the same as the Slough one (ex - Marlborough car)

highlander

BF is one of my "wish list" colours, in good light IMO it struggles to be matched for "zing" ( except for Verde Mexico of course ;))

2b1ask1

Special case
So what happened to the Slough one ? I thought somebody on here had it inspected - was it around £25,995

That is correct, I spent a morning inspecting it and test driving it and I really couldn't make the numbers work at anything close to the asking price. I put it at £20,500 tops in the condition it was in, I'd need to check back the numbers on it to this one but if it is the same car, Caviat Emptor.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Maserati-Gransport-V8-/152224836866?hash=item23714ead02:g:07sAAOSw3YNXZmPB

I was very interested in buying this car, but pulled out in the end. I paid a deposit after taking the car for a test drive and arranged for an inspection at Emblem. Of course, Emblem are very thorough, but the highlights were the need for a new a/c compressor (bearing shot with a risk of seizure - and this is a 5hrs labour charge on this model year), plus the need for a 31k mile service with 4th year items. You will see in the advert that the car has missed the annual services for the last 5 years, and yet has driven 6k miles. Plus there are no service records pre-2007.

The car is very nice and drives well. There are a few bits of paint that have been touched up and not very well, plus a couple of shallow depressions along the tops of the wings (not an issue for a dent man). The interior is nice and the colour would have suited my desire for 'something different'.

Oh - clutch wear is 71%..........

Anyway - the owner was unwilling to drop the asking price enough to contribute to the work Emblem quoted for, so I called it a day after an arduous 8-weeks since paying the deposit.

I won't publish the quoted costs here, but anyone wants to know send me a PM.

Dave

Thanks for all the information on this car. I was studying it yesterday and the full history claim didn't stack up to me either when I saw it had been through periods of mileage without any service.

As I'm new, what is the 31k service and 4th year items and typically what do they cost at a good Indy?

Swaaby

Hi Dave, RX54VMO has appeared on my radar down the road from me in Devon and am hopefully going to take a look today.
Your past investigation into this car had appeared when I started to search for info on this BF monster and made for very interesting reading along with accompanying threads.
Looks like it has been the same owner since 2017, not sure how much further work has been done on the car.
Have been looking to buy my first Maserati for a few years, very close to buying a Granturismo, but GS seems more appealing.
Not sure what I am going to find but worth a look as is fairly local.
All the best
Christian

lozcb

Hi Dave, RX54VMO has appeared on my radar down the road from me in Devon and am hopefully going to take a look today.
Your past investigation into this car had appeared when I started to search for info on this BF monster and made for very interesting reading along with accompanying threads.
Looks like it has been the same owner since 2017, not sure how much further work has been done on the car.
Have been looking to buy my first Maserati for a few years, very close to buying a Granturismo, but GS seems more appealing.
Not sure what I am going to find but worth a look as is fairly local.
All the best
Christian
Love that colour , doesn't mention that there the check engine light is on , from the picks one can see the car is on tick over .......Oil pressure good , and alternator seems to be doing what it should , but the CEL has obviously stayed on ...........so check that out ..........looks to be a good example disappointingly for me it has the tech cloth interior but each to their own ..........but lovely lovely colour

Swaaby

Love that colour , doesn't mention that there the check engine light is on , from the picks one can see the car is on tick over .......Oil pressure good , and alternator seems to be doing what it should , but the CEL has obviously stayed on ...........so check that out ..........looks to be a good example disappointingly for me it has the tech cloth interior but each to their own ..........but lovely lovely colour
I agree the colour looks exciting and am curious to see it in the flesh, thanks for your observations re the check engine light. Quite like the drama of the wild / launch colour scheme. Could be an interesting Sunday..