gs coupe vs convertible

foibles

hi all.....not looking to endorse or to trash any dealer
...or even promote them. I'm just curious to get your thoughts as to why the sole GS convertible I've seen for sale the past year has not sold
...and summer is now in the rear vision mirror. i note that for AM DB7 it is always the volante which asks a fair premium vs the hardtop vantage......so why therefore has the convertible not sold. is it that 10k is simply too much of a premium? is it that for some reason convertibles for the gs model dont command such a premium.....or soes it really come down to this car by itself? can't understand why it hasn't moved?

Ewan

Long hair has been fashionable this year (apparently), so the hairdressing industry has suffered. Mystery solved.

Contigo

Sponsor
Nice Ewan answer there.
Ask Robin, he sold his lovely GS Spyder this year and it took a couple of months IIRC.

conaero

Forum Owner
Maybe it's because Spyder prices have already gone and GS's are about to?...but you could argue one pushes/pulls the other?

Or maybe the GS is more attractive due to the £10k saving???

Rwc13

At least 3 GS Spyders have sold this year at prices significantly above equivalent mileage coupes. And they have sold pretty quickly. Suspect just something about this particular car

Team GCR

Ask Robin, he sold his lovely GS Spyder this year and it took a couple of months IIRC.

I think four or five GS Spyders have sold this year - I think Dickie sold two, Meridien Modena sold one, Super Car Rooms(?) and my car.

My car took the longest to sell probably because it was the highest mileage of those for sale but in the end I got my asking price and the start of this year was an unusual time to be selling a GS Spyder as half the cars in the UK came up for sale at pretty much the same time.

The car at Autofficina is a strange one. Autofficina have a good reputation on here I think so unusual for them to have a below standard car but I know someone who went to see it and described it to me as "a bit of a shed".

The person who went to view it is a customer of Mark's at The Village Garage, he is London based but brings his cars to Northamptonshire for maintenance and the garage has done ground up rebuilds of both his S3 E Type and T2 Camper. On a visit to the garage he saw my red GS Spyder and fell in love with it and wanted to buy it but I had taken a deposit a couple of days before so had to explain it was no longer for sale. He then went to look at both the car at Meridien Modena (which had also sold by the time he got there) and the Autofficina car which he decided not to buy.

He then subsequently bought a GS Spyder in the US and has had it shipped back to UK, in fact on Wednesday I went with Mark to Southampton to pick the car up from the docks. The fact that this GS Spyder is LHD doesn't bother the customer as although it will be registered in UK it will spend half its time at his other home in Switzerland.

So as you can see the gentleman was a serious buyer, so read into that what you will about the GS Spyder at Autofficina.

I hope that helps the OP.

Finally I am sure going forward GS Spyders will continue to be worth a premium over the Coupé and it is unlikely we will see a repeat of having so many cars for sale at one time. I think GS Spyders like the MCV are finding there way into hands of Maserati enthusiasts who see them as long term keepers.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
The Supercar Rooms car was the one I sold. My client went in there to Px against an Aston and they said they would try his GS for him. They had no luck so I bought it back and sold it on to another good customer of mine near Henley on Thames.

beau

Iv seen this car, I did think oh it does need a detail (usual light scratches on the body), but no more than any other dealer cars Iv seen in person to be honest, the fact it's inside under artificial light does make it look worse, if it was outside I'm sure it would look great

dem maser

I think four or five GS Spyders have sold this year - I think Dickie sold two, Meridien Modena sold one, Super Car Rooms(?) and my car.

My car took the longest to sell probably because it was the highest mileage of those for sale but in the end I got my asking price and the start of this year was an unusual time to be selling a GS Spyder as half the cars in the UK came up for sale at pretty much the same time.

The car at Autofficina is a strange one. Autofficina have a good reputation on here I think so unusual for them to have a below standard car but I know someone who went to see it and described it to me as "a bit of a shed".

The person who went to view it is a customer of Mark's at The Village Garage, he is London based but brings his cars to Northamptonshire for maintenance and the garage has done ground up rebuilds of both his S3 E Type and T2 Camper. On a visit to the garage he saw my red GS Spyder and fell in love with it and wanted to buy it but I had taken a deposit a couple of days before so had to explain it was no longer for sale. He then went to look at both the car at Meridien Modena (which had also sold by the time he got there) and the Autofficina car which he decided not to buy.

He then subsequently bought a GS Spyder in the US and has had it shipped back to UK, in fact on Wednesday I went with Mark to Southampton to pick the car up from the docks. The fact that this GS Spyder is LHD doesn't bother the customer as although it will be registered in UK it will spend half its time at his other home in Switzerland.

So as you can see the gentleman was a serious buyer, so read into that what you will about the GS Spyder at Autofficina.

I hope that helps the OP.

Finally I am sure going forward GS Spyders will continue to be worth a premium over the Coupé and it is unlikely we will see a repeat of having so many cars for sale at one time. I think GS Spyders like the MCV are finding there way into hands of Maserati enthusiasts who see them as long term keepers.

I don't have anything positive to say about Autofficcina

foibles

well...it seems that this car has sold after all. and a yellow one which appeared on AT at around 44k also sold in pretty quick time. no more GS spyders for sale it seems.

MrPea

I can think of 7 GS Spyders changing hands in the UK in the last 16 months. Another sold early last year. So that's over half of the RHD ones in the UK.

I can now completely see why they command the premium due to rarity and the sense of occasion they give certainly helps further. The drive is so much better and the looks just get so much more attention than a regular 42 Spyder.

Mine is certainly now a keeper in the hands of a Maserati enthusiast.