North West Run - Sunday 9th October

Wack61

I don't think any politician except Nigel actually wanted to leave, why would they there's a nice job waiting when they've finished here , it was meant to be a kick up the **** for Europe, not a nuclear bomb.

I'm going to have to pencil myself in for this , lynne has just had an eye operation , she should be recovered in 2-3 weeks so we might do a city break around that time

LeeH

Hi Guys

I am happy to call my mate who has the Sun Trevor and organise a table for you and I may be able to reserve the car park at the back of the pub for You guys too.

Let me know

Lee

Well, modified list would seem to be

1. Terry
2. Darren
3. MrMickS
4. Ianed0
5. Mike of the MJHeathcote variety
6. Jkulin & Missus/Son
7. spkennyuk possibly
8. BennyD possibly
9. AndyG possibly

Doesn`t seem to be too much of a problem about going to Llangollen - apart from with certain other Celts. Not too sure about lunch - what do you reckon, Lee? Would your mate still welcome us without you? Should we go somewhere recommended by someone who won`t be there to taste the consequences? Seriously, what do you reckon?

Terry

MrMickS

Hi Guys

I am happy to call my mate who has the Sun Trevor and organise a table for you and I may be able to reserve the car park at the back of the pub for You guys too.

Let me know

Lee

I'm all for lunch at the Sun. Gives us a nice target to head for. Should we firm up on numbers?

1. Terry
2. Darren
3. MrMickS + M
4. Ianed0
6. Jkulin & Missus/Son
7. spkennyuk possibly
8. BennyD possibly
9. AndyG possibly

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
How about a bit of karting thrown in? There is a REALLY good outdoor track that won't be far from the proposed route.

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
I'm free.
+1 with my 7 year old son, the girls of the family are seeing a show in Manchester in the afternoon.

Wack61

Sorry just booked 4 days in Barcelona so I'm out on this one

1. Terry

3. MrMickS + M
4. Ianed0
6. Jkulin & Missus/Son
7. spkennyuk possibly
8. BennyD possibly
9. AndyG possibly

LeeH

Terry

Well, folks, sorry to have gone missing for a while. Went down to see our daughter in London and my `phone decided it didn`t want anything to do with the internet!

Anyway, here we are with three weeks to go, but only five definite cars and illustrious occupants, and three possibles. I`m a bit reluctant to ask Lee to speak with his mate Trevor at the Sun until we are a bit more certain on numbers. Hate to push, but is there any chance our possibles could firm up or not?

Many ta`s

Terry

AndyG

1. Terry
2. MrMickS + M
3. Ianed0
4. Mike of the MJHeathcote variety
5. Jkulin & Missus/Son
6. spkennyuk possibly
7. BennyD possibly
8. AndyG & Daughter or wife

Updated list

Terry

Well, how about this as a suggestion;

1. meet at Crewe Hall Hotel (CW1 6UZ) at about 10.30 am for coffee. It`s a Grade 1 listed building and amazing inside
2. set off at about 11.15, making a minor detour to have a look at the new large showroom that Bentley Motors have opened near their factory (don`t think it will be open, but there is usually an interesting display
3. take the scenic route to Llangollen, arriving at The Sun at about 12.30 for a pub lunch at Lee`s mate`s place
4. after lunch trundle down to the motor museum
5. anyone not wanting to see more cars could be dropped off at Plas Newydd - the listed country house (I don`t think they have a car park - hence the dropping-off!)

Quite seriously, I won`t be offended if anyone has any better suggestions. What do you think???

Terry

Jkulin

Great Terry, suits me perfectly, it will be just my missus and I, hope that is OK?

Terry

Great Terry, suits me perfectly, it will be just my missus and I, hope that is OK?

That`s perfect, John, although I presume your missus won`t want Benny leading the convoy! Unfortunately it looks as though I will be on my own as my missus is still not too good.

Jkulin

Great thanks Terry, she doesn't have a say :)

As long we have postcode then don't mind who leads :)

Jkulin

Cup of Tea in the Ponderosa Cafe at the top of the Horseshoe pass would be nice, and the views are gorgeous, but if you are pushed for time then then can always be visited another time.