North West Run - Sunday 9th October

Terry

Link for the cafe http://www.ponderosacafe.co.uk

If it'll fit in with the itinerary then it does look good. If not then we can include it for the next run.

One thing I suppose we could do is meet near Crewe, and instead of having coffee there, have the run to the Horseshoe Pass and have coffee at the Ponderosa. If we left Crewe at 10.30 then we could have our cup of Welsh mountain coffee , and then wonder down to The Sun for about 12.30. How would that be? Anyone needing a caffeine fix before venturing onto the roads of Wales could get to Crewe early and have their starter fix there!

Any views, folks?

Terry

MrMickS

That sounds good. Means setting off a little earlier in the morning but that's ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sionie1

Apologies for the late reply - I might be about to join you at some point, just sorting out some builders for that weekend. It's easy to find and is well sign posted, don't know how good the coffee at Ponderosa is, but weather permitting the views are great. My profile pic is sunset up there..

Terry

Apologies for the late reply - I might be about to join you at some point, just sorting out some builders for that weekend. It's easy to find and is well sign posted, don't know how good the coffee at Ponderosa is, but weather permitting the views are great. My profile pic is sunset up there..

It would be great if you could join us, but if you`re going to come on to lunch, please would you let me know so we can give The Sun a reasonably accurate forecast of numbers.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Tell me where and when and I will do my best to be there. As an aside, there will be a 'Ryan's run' on the last Sunday of October and anyone who can attend would be warmly welcomed. If there is enough interest, I can book GYG Karting for a bit of fun.

sionie1

It would be great if you could join us, but if you`re going to come on to lunch, please would you let me know so we can give The Sun a reasonably accurate forecast of numbers.

I'll pass on the lunch this time thanks as its my first weekend back from hols, so between builders and work I'll have a fair bit to sort.

LeeH

Hi Guys

I have booked you all in for the Sunday at The Sun Trevor.

http://www.suntrevor.co.uk/

You just need to confirm numbers prior which I think Terry is doing.

Wish I could join you, but a long way south for me now.

Enjoy the day

Lee

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
I'm free.
+1 with my 7 year old son, the girls of the family are seeing a show in Manchester in the afternoon.

Sorry, now having to pass.
My son joined Hockey Club at School which he enjoys, and wants to try it properly.
Unfortunately the trial session for the local Hockey Club U10's is this sunday morning...
Sorry guys.

Terry

My son joined Hockey Club at School which he enjoys, and wants to try it properly.
Unfortunately the trial session for the local Hockey Club U10's is this sunday morning...
Sorry guys.

What is more important in this life, Mike, cars or family? I went through it with my kids, and now I see it with my grandkids. Cars are a mere incidental! Hope he gets through the trials.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Ok guys, where and when is the meet? Let me know and I'll do my level best to get there. Just a thought; if it's hosing down, we could always rain-check the meet until Ryan's run (last Sunday in October) if that fits in with everyone's plans.

Terry

Ok guys, where and when is the meet? Let me know and I'll do my level best to get there. Just a thought; if it's hosing down, we could always rain-check the meet until Ryan's run (last Sunday in October) if that fits in with everyone's plans.

Well, based on the feedback on the first draft, the suggested itinerary is;

- meet at Crewe Hall Hotel (Weston Road, Crewe, CW1 6UZ) with the aim of leaving at 10.30 am. Anyone who can obey the 20 mph limit on the drive up to the hotel has my admiration. Anyone who needs a caffeine fix can turn up early and get coffee
- meander through the byways of Cheshire and the outskirts of Wrexham to the Horseshoe Pass and the Ponderosa Café (LL20 8DR) for coffee or tea or toast or whatever - getting there about 11.30ish
- leave at about 12.15 and go down into Llangollen to Lee`s mate`s place, The Sun Trevor (Sun Bank, Llangollen, LL20 8EG) http://www.suntrevor.co.uk/ for lunch
- after lunch go down to the Llangollen Motor Museum (link in one of the earlier posts). For those who would rather see an interesting house "created" by two interesting ladies, they can visit Plas Newydd - although there are only 15 parking places there.

Own arrangements for getting back afterwards.

Is that a decent proposal? Still open to indecent ones!

Cheers

Terry

Terry

Hey yup folks

Just doing a final check so I can ring Lee`s mate at the Sun Trevor tomorrow. I have;

1. Terry
2. MrMickS + M
3. Ianed0
4. Jkulin & Missus/Son
5. spkennyuk possibly
6. BennyD possibly
7. AndyG & Daughter or wife

So I make that as definite - five cars, with eight folk, and as possible - another two cars and two or three people.

Any alteration, please let me know. If you should have any problems on Sunday, my mobile is 07808 479145.

Look forward to the pleasure!!!

Cheers

Terry

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
Sorry guys.

I used to play at Huddersfield Hockey Club in my youth, good times, great set up.

dickygrace

www.richardgracecars.co.uk
I won't be making the meet in afraid as Sunday's already booked up. Have a blast though gents.

Arfa

Please put me and Pam down as a late entry.

1. Terry
2. MrMickS + M
3. Ianed0
4. Jkulin & Missus/Son
5. spkennyuk possibly
6. BennyD possibly
7. AndyG & Daughter or wife
8. Arfa + Pam

Mick do you want to meet up and travel over together?