Hi All. Intro and some GranTurismo qs

iainw

Eh? What else is there that gives the same thrill? It's not like he will be putting them in everyday just when they want to take the Maser. We do the same but keep the seats in our SUV.

I have an SUV with a car seat, a GTS with a car seat and the run around with a car seat.

Every time I put her in the GTS whilst I am waiting for the seat to come forward for a few seconds I just think how worth it the wait is! Agree with Phil. TBH I would be more than happy to do it every day.
Back seat are HUGE compared to competing cars. I think the auto slide seat function actually is excellent, and if you can physically hold them with one arm to slide them in around the corner its v easy. Never regretted the purchase once from a baby seat / kids point of view. (I use and isofix base - and as soon as it went to forward facing it was a doddle.)

MattW

My confusion has returned....

A few weeks ago I sat in a GTS auto with 4 exhausts and with small gear change paddles with what felt like velvet on the back.

Looking in the classifieds i can see this one which has the 4 exhausts but has bigger paddles http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...urismo/granturismo-v8-s-2dr-automatic/5812823

I can also see this one which is a 2012, has 2 exhausts but has the gear lever rather than buttons http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...urismo/maserati-granturismo-4-7-s-2dr/6184375

And this one which is a 2012 and seems to have a different front end and has more power http://www.pistonheads.com/classifi...ort-mc-shift-auto-2013-model-facelift/5964439

And then this one which seems to have the old front end, but is a 2013 http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/maserati/granturismo/maserati-granturismo-s/5670752

Could someone break them down for me? Why do some autos with the geat stick rather than buttons have 2 exhausts rather than 4 even when they do not appear to be the facelifted model?

CatmanV2

First two are automatic. The bigger paddles can be retrofitted at an reasonable £EEEEEEEEK

Third one is a facelift and almost certainly lying about the power.

Final one is the F1 transmission.

Soooo

The things you really need to watch:

Gear lever means it's a ZF Automatic slush box, like mine
Buttons mean it's an F1 transmission.
Power, exhausts and paddles are all variable.

Paddles can be added
Exhausts changed between quads, ovals and quads. *and* you get after market mods. So I'm about to fit 4.7 ovals to my 4.2, replacing the quads.

Hope that's (some) help

C

Contigo

Sponsor
The later 4.7 with low friction engines had more power than the first 4.7 engine (440bhp) up to around 450bhp same as the Strad power.

Dyer3200

Just to add to the confusion many dealers/sellers don't have a clue about the cars and misrepresent the ads

Personally I prefer the Quirks car nice colour and it's the facelifted model - you need to decide what gearbox suits and shortlist from there

You might want to Google Junction 17 before you commit

MattW

Thanks All. Not buying until next year, but just looking at options. It seems most facelifted models are going to beyond budget. I am aiming for £50k, but could stretch to £55k for some thing perfect (just had new clutch, facelifted model etc)_; there only seems to be one facelifted car for up to £55k.

murph7355

First one looks more like 4.2s were spec'd (silver headlights, quad exhausts etc), but as others have noted, trying to be overly specific on models/specs is hard :)

Second is an auto. Facelift cutover was late 2012, but they didn't cutover as you could still get the old face into 2013 at least (I think there's still an old look 4.2 out there for sale that's a late car - may even be 2015/16!!). The interior's interesting....it could be one of those that Italian cars get away with.

I think someone posted the third (Quirks) car before? There were quite a few facelift cars in that colour (think it may have been the brochure colour).

The last car confirms what was noted above about release dates and is too expensive IMO :)

The facelift cars did get more power. 460PS versus 440PS (and I think the 4.2 was 400PS). A PS is a bit more than a BHP ;) In a car that weighs 1800kg you can't really tell its there...but it's nice to have it and won't hurt.

AaronE

also note that if it's the facelift bumper you want (and not seats or headlights) they can be had cheap on eBay/wreckers.

AaronE

why you'd want the newer bumper? because they like it? I put on the MC front because it's sexy, but didn't like the fenders, so I left those stock.

bigbob

why you'd want the newer bumper? because they like it? I put on the MC front because it's sexy, but didn't like the fenders, so I left those stock.

Ah, that's different, MC (Stradale) front end is great (IMHO) but not the Sport (still IMHO).