Protecting my lovely clean and restored interior

flexwing

Hello all, having recently puchased a facelift 4200 cc, I have started to spend some time on her.
Starting off with restoring the light beige interior which is now looking great!
I would like to keep it that way but as the car is a daily driver, this is proving to be difficult - especially as I wear jeans!
A seat cover is the obvious solution but I can't find something suitable. I would prefer cotton but they all seem to be nylon and abrasive.
Any ideas?
Cheers
Gordon

conaero

Forum Owner
Hi Gordon.

Nothing OEM as far as I am aware of so I guess Ebay would be a good place to start:

something like this it looks about the right shape?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorhome...410694?hash=item58dcbbb346:g:edgAAOSwfZhXNG69

Waterproof:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rove...425469?hash=item567541ab7d:g:I7sAAOSwBLlVYguN

Universal:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VOLKSWAGE...hash=item51e0c2a82c:m:mxl7O0eqqWrOoe-b1TJyk3A

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pair-of-W...935740?hash=item3f3ad45d7c:g:k8QAAOSwdvpWEANp

Whichever you go for, they are never going to be a perfect fit and will look baggy.

flexwing

Hi Conaero, I had a look at some of these and had a visit to Halfords. Even the nylon waterproof covers warn of colour transfer and not suitable for light colours or leather.
Not fussed about appearances but the missus has warned me about driving the Masser inappropriately dressed - if I can't wear jeans what else? Perhaps a different forum!?

spkennyuk

You could probably get an upholsterer to make some covers that just fit on the seat base. At least then it would not spoil the look of the interior too much. Any full seat cover you have is going to need two openings for the seat tilt switches or the fabric will be stretched over the top of them.

Ebenezer

While you might have restored the leather, covering it up then means you can't see it, so what was the point? Just get in and enjoy!
Eb

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Good friend has just part exchanged his Range Rover.
It had lovely perforated heated and cooling beige leather seats, not that you could see them, he had the LR fitted beige nylon covers fitted as soon as he bought it.
He has just lost £20K in 10K miles of motoring for a newer Range Rover...for £20K I would have liked to have sat on the actual leather seats!!

Corranga

Good friend has just part exchanged his Range Rover.
It had lovely perforated heated and cooling beige leather seats, not that you could see them, he had the LR fitted beige nylon covers fitted as soon as he bought it.
He has just lost £20K in 10K miles of motoring for a newer Range Rover...for £20K I would have liked to have sat on the actual leather seats!!

This.

Sit on the seats, wear them in your own way. Have them restored again in future.

BruceyBonus

I have cream leather interior and this stuff is amazing for removing blue denim transfer. DODO

I wouldn't bother with the car seat covers myself.

ATB
Bruce

Navcorr

I have cream leather interior and this stuff is amazing for removing blue denim transfer. DODO

I wouldn't bother with the car seat covers myself.

ATB
Bruce

Very interesting. After using this do you need to use a moisturiser?

Chri*t, I sound like one of those old bats wittering on about nothing on Loose Women.
I always wondered whether the show title was more of an undercarriage requirement.

alfatwo

Very interesting. After using this do you need to use a moisturiser?

Chri*t, I sound like one of those old bats withering on about nothing on Loose Women.
I always wondered whether the show title was more of an undercarriage requirement.

And make sure you don't get any fat women like that lot sitting on your new seats too!

Dave

Navcorr

And make sure you don't get any fat women like that lot sitting on your new seats too!

Dave

Used to love the Your Mama jokes years back. Your Mama's so fat her ar*e has its own zip code. :happy:

The car I have in mind has avorio leather - it's been a question mark whether to go for it or something with a darker interior. Love the contrast of the lighter colours though. DoDo could well be the answer.

alfatwo

Used to love the Your Mama jokes years back. Your Mama's so fat her ar*e has its own zip code. :happy:

The car I have in mind has avorio leather - it's been a question mark whether to go for it or something with a darker interior. Love the contrast of the lighter colours though. DoDo could well be the answer.

Like light coloured interiors, there more refined.. can't stand black... they look like old Audi TT interiors where you a need miners lamp to see your self around!

Dave

Navcorr

Like light coloured interiors, there more refined.. can't stand black... they look like old Audi TT interiors where you a need miners lamp to see your self around!

Dave

There was a lovely MY05 4200 Spyder on Pistonheads last year. Fantastic condition - it was black on black though. (Does that sound like a dodgy movie?). Any other colour interior and it would have been very very tempting.

iainw

This.

Sit on the seats, wear them in your own way. Have them restored again in future.

Agreed, unless you are fiscally irresponsible and have OCD. Why on earth would you buy a car and spec it with those seats just to cover them up :O