French cottage for sale

maverick

You do have to consider the costs of renting out such a property as a business venture when you are not living locally, more so when it's not just an apartment.
Cutting the grass, garden maintenance.
Cleaning the pool.
Housekeeper, cleaning the house, washing the sheets, fixing any appliance failures etc.
It is all off the bottom line.
Brexit? who knows how this will effect things in the future.

....great if you live there yourself though, either in it, or rent it.

All those things are in place already , 4 weeks rental has covered all our expenses for the year and that also includes taxes , water , electric, insurance etc . And on a positive note we rarely have to advitise except on here with the forum discount .with proper advitising you could do very well but for us it was a just a case of covering costs as it was our holiday home ,we didn't treat it as a business or to make money but circumstances have change for us and with much regret it's time to sell . It will be going on with a estate agent in the next couple of weeks .

alfatwo

Got one already thanks.. curtesy of her indoors fat wallet French grand father...The taxes are horrendous!maxi_int_1_301096.jpg

Dave

bigbob

It does look lovely and compared to UK prices remarkable value

Yep but you can say that about the price of most property outside the UK and major world cities. I am sure that a holiday home in Albania is cheap but that doesn't mean it will do anything other than remain cheap over the time you own it. Owning a nice holiday home in Europe is not a way of making a capital gain - unless you are lucky with currency as is the case currently - but it is a wonderful lifestyle choice and way a of paying less rent to others if you are a frequent user especially as the standard of most gites is woeful.

conaero

Forum Owner
Not to pour hot water on this but the trend is to pull out of property in France at the mo.

It was something I was going to do but in the end, we feel renting off season over the winter in European cities is a better way forward, if you get bored, you just move on and you will get a lot of property off season for a 3 month block we feel. Well, thats the retirement plan for now coupled with renting our house out in the UK, it should make more sense economically too.

One winter we could do a beach rent, say Lanzarote and another winter we could do a city rent, like Verona...or a mix of the two.

Jkulin

That needs some serious consideration it looks a lovely cottage.

Like some of my friends they are getting out of living in Europe because of the uncertainty of Brexit and how they will be treated when it happens, personally I think it is nonsense and is no different from owning a property anywhere else in the world.

Hmm some serious thinking to do about that with the family.

maverick

Ok guys it's going on with a agent on Tuesday next week , so if anyone is interested or just wants more info etc please pm me and ill pm you my number . Don't forget estate agents fees are 7-8 % a big saving for all if sold with out .

maverick

Still for sale currently on the market for €107200 and comes completely furnished with appliances for asking price ,basically everything in the cottage and out will be left .

Will are still renting it out , until sold so we have a few dates left .

Now to the 22nd July
30th July to 5th Aug
27th Aug onwards

15% forum discount still applies to this years prices , see our web site

Walnuttreecottage.weebly.com

Sleeps 7 in beds and a cot

allandwf

I'll ask a couple of relations who already own/rent a property on France , it may be of interest to them. No harm in asking :)