Exterior Door handle microswitch

montravia

Usually when the button in the exterior door handle is touched the door springs open (with the usual accompanying window declination)

I noticed over the weekend, that it wouldn't.

Had to use the mechanical grab to open the door.

Driver's side only.

By the end of the day, it was working again.
That was after a very long run of perhaps five hours.
That was Saturday, only briefly fired up on Sunday. She has sat quiet all day yesterday (Monday).

Today, packed up, back to mechanical door handle opening.

No sign of battery weakness, no fault lights, but perhaps it's the first sensitivity of battery weakening.

I've trawled and found this:-

http://www.sportsmaserati.com/showt...window-and-door-problem?highlight=door+handle

and of course I've stared at the Eurospares page:-

142_09_31_1.jpg

There's a micro switch on the parts page, but it's for the window raising/lowering mechanism.

I would have expected one in the external handle mechanism.

If it's a simple job, I'd have a go myself, but if not, off to the dealers for a warranty job.
I can see the rubber seal on the door skin adjacent to the handle. Otherwise is it removal of the inner door panel?

Has anyone had experience of this, and would it be a microswitch problem.

In any event, I should probably do a battery reset. Not even opened the hatch in the boot yet. Is it just a switch on the GT, or terminal disconnection?

Any thoughts are more than welcome.

Robin

CatmanV2

It has to be done from the inside, surely.

No point in a door handle you can remove from outside :)

C

CatmanV2

Ahhhh
'Maybe' (but I'd hazard unlikely)

If it's under warranty, personally I'd get them to do it.

C

Doohickey

Velociraptor
I've got the same problem. It worked intermittently but has now stopped altogether. I took it to Supercar Centre in Sheffield and they reckon it's the door catch (Part 5 on the diagram I think) rather than the micro switch. If you squeeze the door handle you can hear the switch activating but the catch is not responding to it. Might be worth trying that first.

montravia

I've got the same problem. It worked intermittently but has now stopped altogether. I took it to Supercar Centre in Sheffield and they reckon it's the door catch (Part 5 on the diagram I think) rather than the micro switch. If you squeeze the door handle you can hear the switch activating but the catch is not responding to it. Might be worth trying that first.

Interesting, could be, but there's no sound from the switch.

voicey

You need to check the operation of the microswitch as it is usually the lock (as pointed out above). Easiest way is to plug the SD3 into the body computer and monitor the switch status as you press and release it.

montravia

You need to check the operation of the microswitch as it is usually the lock (as pointed out above). Easiest way is to plug the SD3 into the body computer and monitor the switch status as you press and release it.

What? The SD3 that was a group buy at £5,000 each?