Aircon clean out / pollen filter

leon2@tpg.com.au

Anyone know where the water leak may be coming from or had a same experience? It seems to be clean water. Just can't work out where its coming from. I haven't turned on the A/C at all but the leak is consistent.

CatmanV2

Odds on it's not a leak, but condensed water. The Alfa 156 based cars used to scare the **** out of me doing that.

I bet you were driving with the aircon on, nice humid day. Park up and 20 minutes later?

Think yourself lucky. I have a misjoined pipe somewhere. Mine ends up on my clutch foot :)

C

D Walker

Anyone know where the water leak may be coming from or had a same experience? It seems to be clean water. Just can't work out where its coming from. I haven't turned on the A/C at all but the leak is consistent.

Yep- I had exactly same on my 4200 - If you have zenon lights it will almost certainly be the light washer - however it should be obvious as mine used to to drop the reservoir low enough to bring on the washer empty light.
Can either be the tube not on properly or as on mine a cracked washer jet.

Dave

GeoffCapes

Not got a chance to do it until after we get back from honeymoon.

I have a dehumidifier in the car though. Took about quarter of a pint last night.
It will remain in there until the wedding.

And need to order a new pollen filter as well. Any recommendations? As opposed to the £50 Maserati ones.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
It seems pointless changing the pollen filter on a spyder that spends all its time with the roof down!

conaero

Forum Owner

Yes I do and it's not the AC system, it's rain water. If you open the bonnet and look at the hinge area you will see a puddle or debris where yours suddenly drained out down the drain tube that runs down the back of the front wheel arch, behind the arch liner.

Next time it puddles, use some sort of poking device to clear it.

An easy job though.

GeoffCapes

Yes I do and it's not the AC system, it's rain water. If you open the bonnet and look at the hinge area you will see a puddle or debris where yours suddenly drained out down the drain tube that runs down the back of the front wheel arch, behind the arch liner.

Next time it puddles, use some sort of poking device to clear it.

An easy job though.

That's definitely a job I need to do.
Mines always got a puddle there.

Probably only been an issue since I got the car as it gets washed pretty much every week!
Especially as it lives in the garage and rarely sees rain!

GeoffCapes

Changed my pollen filter today.
This was the state of the old one!

image.jpg

Pretty straight forward, the only problem I had was putting the scuttle panel back so it fitted properly.
Hopefully no more damp/wet carpet.

The dehumidifier will be in the car for the next few days to dry it out properly.

2b1ask1

Special case
Not surprised about the filter condition, why we still pay people to change them I have no idea as they are hardly ever changed.

Interesting addition to the drain pipe...

How much water did you have land on you?

GeoffCapes

Not surprised about the filter condition, why we still pay people to change them I have no idea as they are hardly ever changed.

Interesting addition to the drain pipe...

How much water did you have land on you?

Hardly any to be honest. I'm hoping there isn't a blockage in the pipe.

safrane

The exfra pipe has been put there to prevent the original pipe kinking in the problem area, it was described in a 'fix' some time ago as the factory pipe folds too easily.