Aircon clean out / pollen filter

CatmanV2

Hmm, there looks like there should have been more water in there given the state of the filter. That looks wet for an inch at the bottom?

C

zagatoes30

Hardly any to be honest. I'm hoping there isn't a blockage in the pipe.

Me too, once the pipe has collapsed you will need to constantly keep cleaning it out to stop it filling up or else you will have to fix the root problem which is not easy or cheap

DSC03401.jpg
DSC03400.jpg

As I know :(

GeoffCapes

There wasn't an inch of water in the bottom when I took the filter out though.
Just remembered I took this pic.

image.jpg

It was just wet at the bottom. I cleared the leaves out and replaced the filter.

GRF

Thank you very much for this, incredibly detailed and makes the job really straightforward. All dried out and sorted now.
Thanks again,
Gary

Forcerouge

Hi guys, and thanks for this great tutorial.
I plan on doing this operation soon, but I wonder, is it really necessary to take the rubber hose off?
Can't I just insert some kind of flexible wire to remove the majority of the debris, let the water come out, and then use compressed air to blow off the remaining stuff?

conaero

Forum Owner
Hi guys, and thanks for this great tutorial.
I plan on doing this operation soon, but I wonder, is it really necessary to take the rubber hose off?
Can't I just insert some kind of flexible wire to remove the majority of the debris, let the water come out, and then use compressed air to blow off the remaining stuff?

Its so simple to do I think its easier that poking and potentially damaging something.

You also can cut the flap end of the drain to stop it from happening again.

gillis

I am trying to find this drain pipe. But I cannot see it. Someone point me in the right direction. I have a swimming pool at the right side footwell. My matrix is bypassed already and it is clear water.

Attachments

• IMG_20191114_141802.jpg
    IMG_20191114_141802.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 54
  • IMG_20191114_141830.jpg
    IMG_20191114_141830.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 63

2b1ask1

Special case
Follow the drivers side of the centre console up towards the back of the radio and you will find it about an inch round (sort of squarish really)

Mr S

Can I just ask if people just silicone on the guard for the motor/intake after its been removed? Do people just cut the old stuff off?

Cliff

Know this is an oldie but found sound proofing under carpets soaking wet so did this and found leaves and gunk in all the usual places so thanks very much

conaero

Forum Owner
Blimey, one of the first threads posted on SM back in the day.

The info in my original post is not entirely correct.

It transpires, since working with Ash, the main fix needs to be done at the other end where it connects to the bottom drain of the central unit, not the exit end.

You first do need a new pipe. Once they crush, that’s it, it will always want to crush.

Then what you have to do is half the length of the central drain and trim a bit off the new pipe so it lifts the elbow up and less likely to crush.

Sounds easy...well no, quite the reverse. Cutting the bottom half off the central drain is a nightmare and getting the new pipe, jubilee clip on and cutting it straight with head twisted in the footwell and the steering wheel pushing on the back of your neck...it’s one of those jobs.

Reciprocating saw blade with tape rapped round as a handle is the way forward. Just make sure you don’t feck the cut up and get it straight or your going to be in a world of pain.

Cliff

The pipe that slots in to this

Attachments

• 596B81F3-3F3C-4F53-B20D-E78227BFDEFC.png
    596B81F3-3F3C-4F53-B20D-E78227BFDEFC.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 26