2017 Events

FA57GTA

Booked in for the beaulieu super cars weekend with Andy via the email link earlier in this thread!
Cheers tom.

FA57GTA

Also I've sent Wilton house an email about showing the car there on the Sunday and they will get back to me.
Cheers tom.

Ewan

The theme at Wilton this year is different from previous years. Instead of it just being about supercars, they want cars with stories. For example, if your car has been passed to you from your father, via your grandfather. Or maybe it was hidden in a shed in France during WWII so as not to be stolen by the Nazi's and you found it whilst on holiday.... that kind of thing.

There still will be the supercar bit as well, but the main display will be these "story" cars. Contact the office there and I'm sure they'll explain it better than I.

I may enter my 400i, using the Dodi and Di connection as the story. Alternatively I'll pop along in the MCV. Or given that there are only 6 Venturi Atlantique cars in the U.K., of which only one is a twin-turbo like mine, maybe I'll enter that on the rarity card.

Morebeans

Let me know who to email Mr Beans!

Phil - you need to register on the site itself. It's fairly tedious, but you should get in to the Supercar WOW section on the Sunday. If you have any problems, I've got the email for Sarah Arrandale who is organising this year.

MB

Morebeans

Email I just received - seems odd to spend all of that time and money and cancel now? Obviously have their reasons!

Dear Applicant / Participant,

It is with great regret and sadness that I write to inform you that the decision has been made not to hold Wilton Classic and Supercar in 2017. After 18 months' work and a very big investment this has come as a shock to us all, especially in the midst of so much support and work done, but circumstances beyond our control have forced the decision.

It is quite possible that communications with you have been spasmodic at best, as we have wrestled with evolving such a big event with a tiny team. In some cases, applicants are waiting on acceptances; on others confirmed participants may have made arrangements and even booked hotels. We hope that by writing immediately we are providing sufficient time for any arrangements you may have made to be economically reversed.

On behalf of Lord Pembroke and all at Wilton, I apologise for any disruption or inconvenience caused.

Yours faithfully,

Richard

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

safrane

Lets hope its not H&S as so many events now are no longer viable due to the insurance and nanny state items.

Phil H

This was in an email from Wilton last week:

"Many more fantastic show features will be revealed closer to the event, but we strongly recommend that you reserve your tickets now as visitor numbers unfortunately will be limited..."

Perhaps the numbers really were limited and that compromised viability, or maybe the email was an attempt to boost flagging ticket sales.

According to the website the breakfast meets will still be held, by which time the picture might be a bit clearer. It's still a puzzle why there was no event last year though.

PH

Morebeans

Just got this from Wings and Wheels organiser - interesting to note the policy change on crash helmets:

Wings & Wheels - Motoring Demonstration

Ed Lowman <ed.lowman@rutland.co.uk>

Today, 16:37

Good Afternoon,

I’m pleased to confirm the application for this year’s Motoring Demonstration at Wings & Wheels is now open. We would love to welcome you back in 2017, however there are two significant changes that you should know prior to entering.

The first is that all participants in cars, no matter if you are driving a soft top or a hard top, will need to be wearing an appropriate fitting motorsport helmet. This also goes for any passengers. This is a new rule introduced for 2017 by the IOPD (International Organisation of Professional Drivers), whose rules we run the Motoring Demonstration under. We will not be able to supply any helmets.

The second is that there will now be an Entry Fee for participants in the Motoring Demonstration. As you can appreciate the Motoring Demonstration takes a lot of time and effort to organise, particularly as Health and Safety regulations have become tighter, and this, coupled with an increasing number of no shows, means we are introducing a £20 entry fee for one day or £35 for the weekend. You will receive two tickets per day you enter, and get at least four runs down the runway*. Payment will only be taken once you have received formal notification that your application into the Motoring Demonstration has been accepted.

*Subject to circumstances that could result in the closure of the runway.

We appreciate your support with these changes and hope that you will wish to continue to participate in the Motoring Demonstration. You can find the entry form on our website by clicking here. Should you have any questions, then please do not hesitate to contact me.

Kind regards,