Apple TV or Amazon Firestick?

drewf

New to Mark old hat for the rest of us... but installing Sky TV for a living does teach me all this new tech stuff :D

Fair point! Anyway, how much do you charge for fitting a dish to the roof of a farmhouse? :D

drewf

Not quite 10", but you're right, he's not going to fit unless we trim his feet just above the ankles. I'm not seeing it as a problem really :)

alfatwo

Getting back to the Amazon Firestick, It works just fine, tried it all over the house.

One big problem for me though, is it has to be powered up all the time from the mains socket to work

I assumed wrongly you could just charge it up and use it anywhere!

Dave

Contigo

Sponsor
Got the Amazon Fire TV stick and it is ok so far. It is laggy despite having a BT Infinity fibre broadband in the house (but an old BT hub) and content is pretty limited even with an Amazon prime account. I can never see it fully replacing the convenience, simplicity and reliability of Sky HD+/Sky Q.

I managed to install Kodi and Showbox on there which means lots of movie content and sports etc.

BennyD

Sea Urchin Pate
Not quite 10", but you're right, he's not going to fit unless we trim his feet just above the ankles. I'm not seeing it as a problem really :)

You would do less damage if you took the top half of his head off and put him in upside down.

conaero

Forum Owner
Having both now I can sum it up easily.

Apple TV - works without fault but a closed and limited system
FS - buggy and laggy but with loads of customisable content.

Choose your evil!

CatmanV2

Having both now I can sum it up easily.

Apple TV - works without fault but a closed and limited system
FS - buggy and laggy but with loads of customisable content.

Choose your evil!

Sounds like I'll stick on Virgin....

C

dem maser

FS for me...as i posted up few weeks ago i got kodi on mine and never looked back...all the current movies and tv shows along with sports.....i bought both of my bro in laws them and they love them aswel....we are all cancelling our sky/virgin subscriptions...i already gave them notice and have saved £9 pm through cancelling Netflix already