Sat Nav failure

P R

So currently my sat nav has decided not to work. Last night it tried to load a few times now has "black screen syndrome". All other functions on the display are working. Annoyingly Im down to London in it this weekend and could do with it working. This morning it was exactly the same (thought starting the engine might solve it but no)..

Does anyone know a master reset for the system? I'm 140 mile round trip from the dealer with no time to get there.. I wonder is Maserati Assist would send someone?

conaero

Forum Owner
These systems do not like the cold, today being out first real freeze.

I would struggle with Google Maps on your smartphone for today and see if warmer weather sorts it.

P R

Yes I will check it out later. It should be 5 or 6C here then! I don't use it a great deal to be honest, but need it this weekend typically!!

Wack61

Download waze , especially if you're going to London, once you've used it once I doubt you'll worry about getting the satnav fixed

drewf

Download waze , especially if you're going to London, once you've used it once I doubt you'll worry about getting the satnav fixed

Spot on. Recently functionality has improved to the point that it will find appointments with addresses in your calendar, work out a route, check the traffic and tell you in advance when you need to leave to get there on time. The imp hiding inside the Maser dashboard with the Collins 1978 map of some of GB doesn't come close.

P R

OK so they advised trying a battery disconnect to see if that solved it. It didn't, and now the service light is on so I Will pop into Leeds on the way home from London on Monday..

P R

OK 2 journeys later guess what.. sat navigation working and service indicator back to where it should have been!!

conaero

Forum Owner
OK 2 journeys later guess what.. sat navigation working and service indicator back to where it should have been!!

I do feel it's temperature related. Let us know what it does tomorrow after the hard chill tonight.

keith

I documented on here an issue where all the Audio functionality failed, only to return when the dealer unplugged and plugged the amplifier back in. I read on a lot of forums, particularly with Jaguars latest advanced system, issues as mentioned and plenty more. Usually leaving the car off and locked sorts it out, which makes your problem a little more mysterious. Certainly worth letting the dealer take a look.
I do wonder outside of warranty what these failures are going to cost to be investigated though.

bigbob

My Land Rover sat nav screen failed recently (2 year old car). I switched off, locked, unlocked and restarted and all was well. Modern cars, lots of tech, works most of the time.

P R

It's still ok though we haven't had a hard frost up here. When it failed it seemed to try and load several times without success. Strangely also after the battery disconnect the GPS sync of the clock didn't work.. I had to use the radio option. Definitely keeping my dealer visit!

outrun

My Ghibli clock used to ping to 0.00 hrs quite often and then find itself through GPS again. One of the little electrical anomalies typical of an Italian car!

P R

All was well sat nav wise. Impressive economy too ..

Attachments

• 20161202_113825.jpg
    20161202_113825.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 8

keith

Very impressive, also the average speed is just below legal limit...
My car has the temp and fuel gauges the other way round interestingly.

StuartW

Impressive all round indeed

What's the story with the seatbelt symbols? Does that mean both front seat belts are connected and none of the rear three?

P R

It means no rear seat belts are in use and that the front ones are all in order. There was no one else in the car so I guess the front passenger seat has a pressure sensor

StuartW

It means no rear seat belts are in use and that the front ones are all in order. There was no one else in the car so I guess the front passenger seat has a pressure sensor

Ah - Every day's a school day, cheers