NEW YEAR RUN TO LLANGYNIDER MOUNTAIN. (Bank Holiday Moday!)

lisknik

Copied and pasted from my aroc member who is organizing this one for me, again open invite for all Italian muscle -

Monday, January 2, 2017 at 11 AM. Meet point - The Two Rivers, Newport Road, Chepstow, NP16 5PR

'For those of you close by, (or not if you fancy getting up early!), a run from Chepstow through Usk, Chainbridge, Abergavenny and Crickhowell up to Llangynider mountain. I've organised this run out for AROC Bristol section but all are welcome to join in. It would be lovely to see a few Breras and Spiders on the day! We're setting off from The Two Rivers, Chepstow at 11am. They do breakfast until 10.30 so if you want breakfast first I'd recommend arriving at 10.00-10.15.
The run up to Llangynider should take about an hour, on some picturesque good driving roads. Llangynider itself is phenomenal! Just search "Chris Harris Ferrari 599" or "Chris Harris Ferrari FF" on YouTube. You'll see!
After some playtime at Llangynider we'll retire to a hostelry in the Crickhowell area for coffee/tea/soup/sandwiches, (I'm going to check out The Bridge End Inn, featured in Grand Tour where Clarkson's meat car was eaten by dogs!), before heading back, probably via a different route, maybe The Tumble between Abergavenny and Blaenavon.
Should be a great run out! Join us if you can!! :)'

Nick

MrMickS

It does sound like a great run. Too far for me though. Have a great time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lisknik

Just got back from a long blast in the 33, first time she has really been driven in a couple of weeks, good weather, quiet roads and me not at work!! Big grin! :)

Question is which one do I take on this? 33 or 159??

lisknik

If you want breakfast at the Two Rivers then let us know please, would like to give them numbers, and you need to be there at 10 ish for that ;)

Taking the 159, not managed to fix the electrical gremlins affecting the lights!!

conaero

Forum Owner
Nick I have PM'd Pat to see if he can make it.

I'll be there if the weathers nice and I can get the top down and I'll be there at 10 for breakie please with my bro.

Dem????

jasst

I am 95% certain to be coming, prob wont do brekkie, but not sure yet, so put me down as a maybe.

lisknik

I am 95% certain to be coming, prob wont do brekkie, but not sure yet, so put me down as a maybe.

Will do, be great to have you there, just had this posted on fb, first road we will be on -

[video=youtube;hYW2TA0hItQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYW2TA0hItQ&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Andyk

Nick I have PM'd Pat to see if he can make it.

I'll be there if the weathers nice and I can get the top down and I'll be there at 10 for breakie please with my bro.

Dem????

Seeing as though it under a mile from me would be rude not to come and say hello......Brera is now fixed...or will be first week of Jan but not in time for this. Needs an MOT as well so def will not be ready.