NEW YEAR RUN TO LLANGYNIDER MOUNTAIN. (Bank Holiday Moday!)

Contigo

Sponsor
Gives you an idea of the beauty of LLANGYNIDER and a feel for the roads which were a little too crowded at times. How to turn a GTS round in a tight space too :D

[video=youtube;xFFmqAvUR84]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFFmqAvUR84[/video]

conaero

Forum Owner
Cheers guys a bit of a monumental round trip for me a mere 378 miles covered. Got 325 of those from one tank.

Muppet, nice 164, enjoyed looking round that and Nik, still can't believed what you paid for that SW.

Roof went back up at Winchester, it was brass monkies!

steelman

Awesome day guys... had a blast!
The two Masers sounded epic.... I was fortunate to be in your convoy for most of the day!
I was wincing following you on that single track mind.... I think my engine undertray is going to need some patching up!

Alfa Muppet

Cheers guys a bit of a monumental round trip for me a mere 378 miles covered. Got 325 of those from one tank.

Muppet, nice 164, enjoyed looking round that and Nik, still can't believed what you paid for that SW.

Roof went back up at Winchester, it was brass monkies!

Matt good to see the spider in the metal too - looks great. I only used half a tank - 37 litres today from Weston!

My Pirelli's also had limited grip today with a couple of moments

image.jpg

here's my shot of the day - I'll try to edit some GoPro stuff as well

Andyk

Great day out, Nice to actually meet Matt, and Phill and Andy, thoroughly enjoyed myself, shame I forgot to put the GoPro on for the first part of the run.

Good to meet ou as well....Love your car..... Alex took lots of pictures of her.

jasst

Think I did about 250miles, and that was over a tankfull, and the Maser has a big tank!

jasst

No, still there, have a vague recollection of them appearing in the summer, but cant be sure, will take it to my paint guy for his opinion.

MarkMas

Chief pedant
Looks like a nice run - sad not to have made it, but was stuck in Devon.
Good to see the sheep were well trained.
Always a bit disconcerting to see a white & chevrons van and a yellow jacket at the side of the road....
mountain.jpg

conaero

Forum Owner
Looks like a nice run - sad not to have made it, but was stuck in Devon.
Good to see the sheep were well trained.
Always a bit disconcerting to see a white & chevrons van and a yellow jacket at the side of the road....
View attachment 40897

They all bricked it when they saw it, for me it was too late, but fortunately it had Electra or something on the side....some sort of utilities vehicle thankfully :)

jasst

James did those blisters go back down again, that was odd.

Washed all the welsh salt off yesterday and gave the paintwork a thorough inspection with magnifying glass, and have come to the conclusion that area has been re-sprayed at some time, so looks like it will be off to the paint shop at some time, cant see any signs of damage internally, so hopefully was just a scratch that was repaired, but will wait to see what the body shop say :angry:

conaero

Forum Owner
Washed all the welsh salt off yesterday and gave the paintwork a thorough inspection with magnifying glass, and have come to the conclusion that area has been re-sprayed at some time, so looks like it will be off to the paint shop at some time, cant see any signs of damage internally, so hopefully was just a scratch that was repaired, but will wait to see what the body shop say :angry:

Yes, did mine yesterday, 375 miles of salt. I waxed her first so it came off easy.

The 32/42's rust in the leading edge of the rear wheel arches and below the rear lights so this is probably why its been painted. Your colour is a 2 stage pearl so you need to get someone who knows what they are doing or the match will be terrible. The paint to be used should only be: PPG NEXUS range, the NEXUS being the 2 stage pearl bit.

Alfa Muppet

I cleaned mine on Tuesday after picking up the wheels!

Here my short GoPro clip up the hill

[video]https://youtu.be/CbqHMRuAhLg[/video]

Andyk

That was one dirty front end you have Phil......Even I didn't relish the thought of tackling it and I love cleaning cars.....good call on getting someone else to sort.