Brunty 2017

spkennyuk

Two days in a row. I think we are going to need fuel, tyres and a Maserati technician on standby.

I'm in unless anything drastic happens.

Contigo

Sponsor
With Bournemouth Wheels being cancelled (best show ever imo) I'm hoping that this can be as big and great as that!

drewf

Met up with John Forde by accident today at the NEC, and had a chat with him and Paul Atkin about what's in the pipeline for Brunty 2017.

As Andy said in post #1, most of that still stands, but has been firmed-up as below:

The entry tickets will go on sale via a website to the public probably in April, and will be priced at £20 per car.
We (as providing club members) will NOT be buying those tickets - we will be given tickets f.o.c. at a later date.
Once the ticket allocation for a day has been sold, that will be that. They are setting a capacity for the event, and will close sales at that point.
There will be no air show at all, but there will probably be some static aircraft, and maybe some fast taxi burns too, as per last year.
Helmets will probably be required for open topped cars (including Spyders/Fezzas/Lambos etc)
Helmets might possibly be required for closed topped cars too, but they are trying to avoid it. Trouble is, the cars aren't hanging about, and the site rules are talking about anything doing more than 50mph requires a helmet.
It will be for two days, with a setup possible from Friday evening if necessary, ready for Saturday morning.
Camping with tents/caravans/RVs will be allowed.
Clubs can do just one day if it suits the members better, or both days. They've noted how much it costs in car wear & tear, plus the fuel... John asked one of the chaps who regularly brings tasty cars how much it actually cost, and they worked it out to £18 per mile, on a 2.1 mile lap. He's extremely grateful that we bear the entire cost of running all the cars, and realise that two days might be asking a lot.
They will police the overtaking on the wrong side much more strictly, and will remove people who transgress. That said, the main straight will still allow people to overtake on either side, as it's so wide and not realistic to observe it. The problem is mostly in the first few corners up to the chicane, and the final corner. Cars diving down the inside won't be tolerated - just accept you've been blocked and take the passenger on another lap...
There should be some sort of barn-dance on the Saturday night in the hanger for club members.
Proceeds will again go to a couple of charities, plus some investment in the local area to pacify the local residents.
Once his proper email address works and everything has been transferred from ASDA, there will apparently be more news forthcoming.

Hope that helps!

Mott The Hoople

****. Just threw away my bloody helmet!

C

...and it shattered into a thousand pieces. Probably out of date then.

I recently had to buy a new bike helmet as my face had grown too big for my old one. My feet also appear to have got fat and I now wear bigger shoes and boots. Seems there's only one bit of me that hasn't got any bigger.

Steve.

CatmanV2

...and it shattered into a thousand pieces. Probably out of date then.

I recently had to buy a new bike helmet as my face had grown too big for my old one. My feet also appear to have got fat and I now wear bigger shoes and boots. Seems there's only one bit of me that hasn't got any bigger.

Steve.

Actually it probably was knocking on for 10 years old, although dark stored. Uvex wing.

So you're saying your helmet isn't getting any bigger, but your head is? Confused ;)

C

Andyk

Problem with helmets is that it's not just you we will need them for passengers to if it goes that way so will need to bring at least two per car....depending on how many are track at one time.

Trev Latter

I think the biggest problem for helmets with be child sizes. Most adults fall neatly into s/m/l sizes. A poorly fitting helmet is more dangerous than not wearing one at all, especially on a child.