Brunty 2017

Contigo

Sponsor
Just my thoughts on price. I would stick to £5.....A tenner seems a bit much for punters pockets. Ok you will do more laps to get the money but you'll get more interest if priced well.

Being that this is now a paying event and not just a staff day out I'd go with a £10, if you can afford a fiver you can afford a tenner.

Contigo

Sponsor
Look at other car events like Dunsfold and other dream rides, they are charging £25 plus and they still make money. You are out of touch.

Contigo

Sponsor
This weekend was the Supercar event. £30 in per Adult and then on top

Supercar rides booked in advance £30 – booked on the day £35 (pre-booking highly recommended)

Fast Track rides booked in advance £60 – booked on the day £70 (This means you join a separate queue and have more choice of the car you ride in)

Hypercar & Lexus rides can only be booked on the day, from £100

Helicopter rides booked in advance £35-45 – booked on the day £35-40 (pre-booking highly recommended)

CatmanV2

This weekend was the Supercar event. £30 in per Adult and then on top

Supercar rides booked in advance £30 – booked on the day £35 (pre-booking highly recommended)

Fast Track rides booked in advance £60 – booked on the day £70 (This means you join a separate queue and have more choice of the car you ride in)

Hypercar & Lexus rides can only be booked on the day, from £100

Helicopter rides booked in advance £35-45 – booked on the day £35-40 (pre-booking highly recommended)

Bloody ****. No way I'd pay those prices. How long were the rides?

C

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like a good event but I'll be out of the country for it. Shame, but as Phil said better for my wallet. Hotel + food & booze + brakes + rubber + fuel stacks up to an expensive weekend, not to mention the remedial damage from stone chips and so on. Still, the track-tape last year was perfect. Did nothing for the looks, but saved the pebble-dashing we've suffered in the past. Anyway, sorry to miss it.

Dan!

Seeing as this new format includes Lotus, I'd be up for it. And have a few crash helmets in different sizes to add to a collective assortment between us to be able to offer quick laps.

CatmanV2

Thanks, Dan

I think we need to re-start the list as at some point soon I need to go back to John and tell him if we're attending or not....

1) Dan

C

Doohickey

Velociraptor
It's the week before the Viva Espana trip and I'd rather not risk breaking anything so I'm going to give it a miss this year.

CatmanV2

So folks, time presseth on. I certainly get the feeling that we are not really going to be able to support this in its current format this year.

I probably need to go back to John soon, so unless we get some more (a lot) names, I'll be telling him that SportsMaserati will not be taking part.

It's a shame, but I have to say I'm not too keen on the new format, or timing.

Cheers

C

2b1ask1

Special case
I think the reality is dawning on those doing the Espania trip Chris that this is awfully close should anything go awry! Two days is potentially putting pressure on people eve though only doing a single day is an option. I think I need to ponder it myself!

Andyk

Yes from reading hat we have so far doesn't feel like it's a goer. Know that Asda aren't involved I think it is changing.....as an event probably for the better but there was a certain kaotic charm about the old event and with it being a two day event now I think we would struggle to get enough cars. You would need at least 20 cars a day and not all would do the two days understandably so you probably need 30 min to make it work....

The last 5 years of attending has been amazing and as a group we have raised nearly £10000 so I think we have done a great job. Everyone that have been involved you have my thanks. Great effort all.