Brunty 2017

Andyk

As most of you will know Asda pulled out of On Your Marks and with John and Chris retiring it looked unlikely that Brunty would be on this year but the good news is that it is and is going to be very different next year.

Brunty have decided to take the event over themselves and John has agree to still organise the event. He is very excited as he has already put a lot of effort into 2017 to make it better and different to the Asda run days.

So a few changes.....The day will no longer be a day but a weekend. It will be on the 16th/17th of September which is a Sat/Sun. Brunty's aim is turn into the Midlands answer to Goodwood......

There will still be the deal at the hotel but there will also be camping/Caravanning at Brunty and in the evening Hanger 42 will be used for live music and plenty of food and drink for those who want it. At the moment they are looking at a Queen tribute act or maybe a barn dance type of thing.

They are restricting the clubs and so far are inviting ourselves, GTR, TVR and Lotus. Bentley have expressed an interest in coming along and they have McLaren owners club also look like they may be attending.

Charges for rides will probably change and it will be even more car related.....

There will be more details when we get into the new year but thought I would share the dates. This could be the start of something even bigger for Brunty and I for one am looking forward to being involved.

DaveT

Andy

That sounds really interesting.

Thanks for the update and look forward to hearing more in due course.

2b1ask1

Special case
Any chance of putting in a request for a temporary filling station at the site?

CatmanV2

Sounds interesting. Few questions:
1) Is it still for charity?
2) Is it going to be open to the public? I wonder if the expectations may be rather higher of our driving standard. Which would leave me in a bit of a spot....

C

Andyk

The
2) Is it going to be open to the public? I wonder if the expectations may be rather higher of our driving standard. Which would leave me in a bit of a spot....

C

Yes still all for charity. John did say but forgot which one.

Yes it will be open to the public I would say. You drivin standards will be fine my friend.

The event will be call On Your Marks Festival of Speed I believe. Sure that's what John said.

Trev Latter

I'm in, but it's dangerously close to our wedding anniversary. Maybe I can get away with taking Toni away for the weekend.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Felonious Crud

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds fantastic, but unfortunately it's clashes with a work commitment over the same weekend. There's a vague possibility I can avoid it, so the OYMFOS is in my diary as well.

highlander

I'm in, but it's dangerously close to our wedding anniversary. Maybe I can get away with taking Toni away for the weekend.

In a tent?! For your anniversary?! You are a far, far Braver man than me gunga din!
our 10th is on the 15th sept so we will be over in East Africa where we went for our honeymoon..........I WOULD not even try persuading Fiona otherwise, still, sad I'm going to miss what sounds like the start of something big.

Trev Latter

In a tent?! For your anniversary?! You are a far, far Braver man than me gunga din!
our 10th is on the 15th sept so we will be over in East Africa where we went for our honeymoon..........I WOULD not even try persuading Fiona otherwise, still, sad I'm going to miss what sounds like the start of something big.

Tent...yeah right. No chance. Hotel or nothing. Ours is on the 15th too, but we'll be at Brunty (yes I have told her, but it's not sunk in yet).

spkennyuk

C

We can always have a driving miss daisy gate for the faint hearted :)

We could also have a gate just for people that want half a lap. Put the spinning TVR's and Maf on that gate ! :)

Doohickey

Velociraptor
Excellent news. If it was the usual weekend I couldn't have come but I can make this. Look forward to it. Can they get some driving lessons for some of the GTR drivers before we get there?

MrMickS

Ah. Just checked the dates and we don't get back from Italy until the 16th so that rules me out.