Viva España! 2017 Euro Trip

safrane

Make sure your passenger takes their driving license too and they are on your insurance or have a certificate to prove they are covered to drive your car.

I hope it does not happen to any of you, but if caught speeding they can confiscate you licence and you will need someone else to drive your car whilst in France or the car could be impounded.

conaero

Forum Owner
I am not going to bother with a Spanish tag, we will only use it once probably on the last day as we exit Spain.

I have my Saneftoll French one still in the car from Le Mans.

Ebenezer

So Tolltickets (https://www.tolltickets.com/shop/pricelist.aspx?lang=en-GB&pc=libert&ct=short) is the way to go for France. Reading the blurb it says
"The contract starts either 2 days (shipment to Germany) or 5 days (shipment to other countries) after shipment of the toll product from tolltickets and terminates after it has been returned to tolltickets (date of receipt)."

It the contract start the same as activation? ie the free 21 days start 5 days after shipment?

Or shouldn't I worry and just get it and return as and when? We're talking peanuts in any case!
Eb

Eb

safrane

I have a tag if anyone is too late arranging their's... you will however need to pick up the bill!

Collection in Bristol or London, or can post if not too late.

Ebenezer

Ta
So I have IR an reflective windscreen (I presume this is the same as athermic) and rain sensor/headlight sensor. Anyone else with the same set up still able to stick the sanef thingy behind the rear view mirror successfully without blocking these?

Or am I just going to have to hang out of the window?

Eb

Doohickey

Velociraptor
Ta
So I have IR an reflective windscreen (I presume this is the same as athermic) and rain sensor/headlight sensor. Anyone else with the same set up still able to stick the sanef thingy behind the rear view mirror successfully without blocking these?

Or am I just going to have to hang out of the window?

Eb

I don't stick mine to the windscreen - my passenger just holds it up when needed and it works fine. No problem with reflectiveness.

2b1ask1

Special case
So Tolltickets (https://www.tolltickets.com/shop/pricelist.aspx?lang=en-GB&pc=libert&ct=short) is the way to go for France. Reading the blurb it says
"The contract starts either 2 days (shipment to Germany) or 5 days (shipment to other countries) after shipment of the toll product from tolltickets and terminates after it has been returned to tolltickets (date of receipt)."

It the contract start the same as activation? ie the free 21 days start 5 days after shipment?

Or shouldn't I worry and just get it and return as and when? We're talking peanuts in any case!
Eb

Eb

Yes, put down the date you want them to send it to you + 4 days to the UK. I put down the 8th September and 3 weeks duration as we are staying around Loret for another week before heading home.

I used Tolltickets for the Modena trip and had no problem with them, happy to use again.

conaero

Forum Owner
Well one month today till the off!

That has come round so quickly.

Itinerary will be emailed to you a week before.

Everything is done and booked minus the final hotel in France.

Doohickey

Velociraptor
Well one month today till the off!

That has come round so quickly.

Itinerary will be emailed to you a week before.

Everything is done and booked minus the final hotel in France.

Just checking - are you booking the final hotel as well? Happy to sort my own but wasn't sure. I'm booked on the ferry from Zeebrugge at 7pm on the Sunday.

Cheers,

conaero

Forum Owner
Who did you book with, mines coming in at £105 and I have to book a cabin, it leaves at 17:00 and gets in at 21:30 what the feck is that all about???

Just checked you don't have to select a cabin so book direct with Brittany as they don't charge for amends.

Same price.

Ebenezer

Booked with Aferry.com - no cabin so you got a better deal than me!

yes - leave 5pm arrive 9.30 - so 3.5 hours on the ferry
Eb