Cutch has gone ...

mjheathcote

Centenary Club
Yes it does with one very minor mod.

Search the forum as I have previously posted

Alvins car referred to above is owned by forum member Getready

From memory he mentioned the clutch in his is from the 430 gt3 car which is the same unit as for the road car

This thread I think:

http://www.sportsmaserati.com/showt...llapse-need-help-please?highlight=f430+clutch

...what was also mentioned, but not determined I believe, what this 430 competition clutch is all about?
http://www.superformance.co.uk/360/clutch.html

Spartacus

So what do i need to have changed , Clutch , Flywheel and release bearing ? Is that all of it while its out ?

2b1ask1

Special case
Several threads previously Martyn but defo the Spiggot bearing too, take a look a Craig Waterman's excellent thread which covers it in minute detail. I'm sure FTech will let you know though.

safrane

FTech did my spigot as well...only about £35 for the part and keeps the owls at bay.

Spartacus

I think ill get it all done , is there any point just having the flywheel skimmed ? Does it need a new one ?

conaero

Forum Owner
I think ill get it all done , is there any point just having the flywheel skimmed ? Does it need a new one ?

It will be ok unless its heat spotted which you can only tell when its out.

Same for the bearing, only get the OEM one and not the Hills one.

Rule of thumb is to replace the bearing every other clutch change or if its showing signs of leaking.

The bits that will be needed for a minimum clutch change is:
Plate & Cover (196021 £850 at ES but I know this can be had around £700 from elsewhere)
Spigot bearing (235062 £18)
Bell housing bearing (174470 £25)
Fluid, bolts and some seals. (~£25)

All in that lot is £8-900 plus VAT but there are deals on and factory prices seem to change all the time.

Add in the labour of £550 (Indies) plus VAT and you get the idea of cost

Flywheel (230426) add £200 plus VAT
Clutch bearing (171886) add £250 plus VAT (Eurospares have them on special at the mo so I would change this regardless at that price)

Try Ross at Meridien for the parts as we get quite a discount an the dealer/service centre might add on top for the parts.

***Prices all Eurospares and can be cheaper at the main dealer or alternate sources.

zagatoes30

£550 labour sounds cheap, what is it 8 - 10 hours assuming no issues both Emblem & Shiltech to my knowledge are way over that - pretty sure when Emblem did mine is was about £2.5k I had all bearings & flywheel replaced at the same time.

conaero

Forum Owner
£550 labour sounds cheap, what is it 8 - 10 hours assuming no issues both Emblem & Shiltech to my knowledge are way over that - pretty sure when Emblem did mine is was about £2.5k I had all bearings & flywheel replaced at the same time.

I can assure you, it can be had at this price if you search hard enough (on here)

Safrane, can you expand...

zagatoes30

I can assure you, it can be had at this price if you search hard enough (on here)

Safrane, can you expand...

I know Ftech are doing some great deals at the moment but you have to factor in delivery to them even subsidised it is going to add up

Panicracing

img001.jpg

This was when I had my clutch done, April 2015, left nothing to chance, not sure without looking at final invoice there were some other parts as well.

safrane

As posted some way back...FTech did mine for less than £2k including bearings and all other parts.
I did get 10% off labour for repeat custom which came in just over £600.

safrane

AA delivered mine as part of my cover and it cost less than the train fare to have it returned to me 100 miles...so stop frightening Martin!

Wack61

I've just renewed my AA cover and taken out that garage repair cover where they chip in with £500 so mine will be going wherever is offering the best deal if and when it needs doing , just had to google Ftech , not sure they'd be happy taking it to exeter from warrington.

I once broke down 10 miles from norwich , got transported back to warrington via every A road and some B roads , he drew a ruler norwich to warrington on the map and stuck to it, some of those hills in the peak district we were at walking pace, took 7 hours to get hback

safrane

Check your AA cover...it will stipulate if you have asked for it to be taken to the garage of your choice.

Just note that the AA only cover your car if its road legal ie taxed not SORN as one example.

D Walker

AA delivered mine to Autoshield in Manchester, wondering why you would send yours FTech if you are in Warrington, if you get £500 chipped in Autoshield would no doubt be as good.
Dave

D Walker

How much did it come to at autoshield Dave if you don't mind me asking

Not at all, I think it was £2.4k which also included a replacement rocker cover gasket and headlight washer (150 parts).
There was a couple of other bits as well but can't remember.
Dave