CD Slot Mount

Jkulin

Has anyone bought one of these?

http://www.cdslotmount.com/

I get fed up having my GPS mounted on the RHS of my dash as it blocks some of my view when going round tight corners.

This would appear to do the job perfectly and I could mount my phone and use google maps or Waze instead of my Garmin

DaveT

Jkulin

Thanks Dave, I have an iPhone 7+ which with the case is 81mm wide, will it fit the holder?

Doohickey

Velociraptor
Interesting that none of the pictures in the advert actually show it in the CD slot!

Do you think that my Garmin satnav could be mounted to the ball joint?

MarkMas

Chief pedant
I don't have a CD slot mount, but I'm very happy with my Mcally Venti which grips an air vent firmly and high up in my sightline.

Venti_06.jpg

Jkulin

Thanks Mark, but I purposely won't go for one that blocks the air vents as I like to keep cool and the air blowing in my face in the summer.

Doohickey

Velociraptor
Thanks Mark, but I purposely won't go for one that blocks the air vents as I like to keep cool and the air blowing in my face in the summer.

Get yourself an xpipe and then you've the perfect excuse to just have the windows open!

Jkulin

Thanks Mark, They don't list one for a 2010 QP, but doubt if it is much different, I don't mind a low down mount, but not too low as I don't like taking my eyes off the road.

DaveT

Thanks Dave, I have an iPhone 7+ which with the case is 81mm wide, will it fit the holder?

John

Just measured - and the holder will stretch to about 84mm but the springs are at full stretch so wouldn't vouch for longevity.
Depends if you want to invest £5 to give it a go!

Jkulin

Thanks Dave, I've ordered one and will see how it fits, if not then my wife can use it in hers.

Thanks for your help.

RobinL

I got one of these from Amazon. It's properly good and I have it on left of centre console.
Car Mount, Mpow Grip Pro 2 Dashboard
Buy from Amazon, if it doesn't work/fit you can send back for refund postage free!

Sent from my XT1635-02 using Tapatalk