Central Locking Fault

hodroyd

Hi Loz,
Is the full car reset done by turning off the main power switch in the boot?

Cheers
H

conaero

Forum Owner
Loz is not been about the past few days, so Ill answer for him.

Yes, turn the power on by way of the isolator knob by the battery.

Leave it for an hours, best overnight, and remember to drop the glass on the drivers door so you can get back in, and DONT SHUT THE BOOT just incase your key does not work.

Start the car, without touching the pedals, and leave to idle for 20 mins. Then switch off, restart, then drive her hard so to set the fuelling and ignition to maximum (learning mode)

hodroyd

Just to clarify, I turn the power off overnight, leaving the boot open and the window down (good job it's in the garage). In the morning switcch power back on, start the car and idle for 20 mins, not touching anything, switch of, then back on, set off and drive like a lunatic to just let her get used to me again. SOUNDS GREAT FUN!!!

Cheers
H

Boomerang_GT

Hi guys!

I have a similar issue on my 3200 GT 1999
When I lock the car with the remote, it closes, but the passenger side (right side) jumps open again.
If I then press the remote again, nothing happens.
If I try to lock manually on the right side with either the key or from inside, again it flips open again. Only way to close the car is with the key on the drivers side.
But then when I open the car with the remote control, the lock on the passenger side closes again after opening. If I open the right side with the key it turns close again. And very strange when I open the right side with the key and quickly open it, it will try to close about 10 times and then stops working.
Would anybody maybe have a picture or a part number for the micro switch inside the door lock? Not the one in the handle. And not the 100€ Maserati switch :D Well at least a picture of it would be great! :)
Thanks!!

Edit: Just found this:
http://www.maseratilife.com/forums/coupe-spyder-gs/13746-doors-lock-unlock.html#post152182
This should be it!
But still don't want to spend 100€ for a micro switch... Any picture around? :)

safrane

My money is on the lock mechanism ...they are about £50 and are prone to fail as above.

Sod to fit however.

Boomerang_GT

You‘r right guys! Not worth saving some cents when I have solved the issue for some time with exchanging the lock.
I just get a bit frustrated because things start to fail separately and each time I have to pay 30€ just for shipping...
Let’s hope it’s just the lock.
Thanks!